Monday, June 13, 2016

Marlee’s date with mom

So, like I mentioned recently, Laun had all the kids Christmas present to me be a date of their choosing to take me on. Today was Marlee’s turn and I’m so glad we got them all in before the baby is born. Carter didn’t have a date with me because he pretty much goes with me everywhere and I’m sure Laun figured it would be more of a break to just go with the older kids, so true.

Marlee chose to get nails done. This was her very first time and she loved it. She was so happy to put her feet in warm water, sit in a massage chair and pick out her own polish colors. She even got flowers on her big toes. We each got a pedicure and manicure.

IMG_1953IMG_1959

She’s been asking for new sandals (all she has is flip flops and water shoes), so next we headed to Target. She picked out these sandals, which I think look darling on her, especially with her freshly painted toes. This called for more pictures, since she was so excited.

IMG_1970IMG_1971

Then we got a late lunch at a new place called- Good Thyme. Marlee got a sugar cookie with peppermint frosting and told me to take a bite. I reminded her that I can’t have sugar (since I barely passed my glucose test) and she said, “Mom, just take one bite, it’s worth having a 9 pound baby.” She is hilarious. I resisted the temptation.

IMG_1962IMG_1967

What a fun day with my Marlee, I love having a girl! I guess I now know that if I really want to make her happy then just take her to get nails done and new shoes, she was delighted and stared at her feet the rest of the day. I loved spending time with her and listening to her chat away. And at Target we also picked out a stuffed animal for her baby sister, that we will use to take the baby’s monthly pictures with for the 1st year. What a wonderful day!

IMG_1972

No comments: