For Christmas Laun had all the big kids pick a date that they wanted to take me on. Well, with the baby coming soon, we figured we better hurry and go. Porter took me to a Utah Jazz game a long time ago and this weekend was Clayton’s pick. Last night we went to Provo. We got a hotel room and then headed to JCW’s for dinner. Clayton ordered a massive shake and I didn’t even have 1 bite (since I’m on a no dessert plan because of my high glucose score), which takes great self control.
Then we went shopping and bought Clayton some socks, he’s really into his socks right now.
We caught the late night showing of The Jungle Book, which we both really liked. We will definitely have to watch it as a family when it comes out.
We headed to the hotel and probably didn’t get to sleep until 1 something.
The nice thing was that there was no Carter at the hotel, so we could sleep in this morning and eat breakfast at the hotel with no rush. Then we went and hiked the Y. This is the first time for both of use to do this hike. It’s like all switch backs and pretty steep, especially for a women that is due in 30 days! With being prego I get so out of breath anyways, so I hiked it pretty slow (and Clayton stayed w/ me the whole time), but I didn’t care. My goals were to make it to the top and to not go in labor and I succeeded. It rained a little on us at the start and stayed pretty overcast, I was so glad for good weather.
The Y…
I loved seeing the view of the city the higher we climbed.
Back to the truck and headed home!
I love one on one time with my kids. I can’t believe Clayton will be 14 soon! We had a great time doing fun things and chatting. I’m so glad Laun thought of this idea of the kids taking me on a date for my Christmas present. I hope to get the same gift form my kids next year, so fun! Now it’s Marlee’s turn.
No comments:
Post a Comment