Friday, June 14, 2013

Utah trip- part 6

There were several marmot spotting's in the backyard. Clayton and Ben actually caught one (not advised).

Turley reunion 209

Porter and Marlee made Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies with Grandpa today. Marlee kicked Porter during the process- lovely child.

Turley reunion 227Turley reunion 230Turley reunion 234Turley reunion 235

Then we checked out Mirror Lake (there are a ton of lakes near the lodge).

Clayton caught a leopard frog.

Turley reunion 240

Porter caught a garter snake. 

Turley reunion 243

We did some fishing.

Turley reunion 253

 

Then we headed over to the hotspot to fish again- Panguitch Lake.

Turley reunion 260

We had tons of success.

Turley reunion 273

Laun had to measure the fish, if they were 15-22 inches they had to be thrown back, which is a bummer because it resulted in several throwbacks.

Turley reunion 265Turley reunion 288

Everyone had fish hands except for Marlee, so I had her take my picture.

Turley reunion 275

Turley reunion 279Turley reunion 281Turley reunion 294Turley reunion 301Turley reunion 307Turley reunion 315Turley reunion 337

It is clear these boys never get tired of fishing.

Turley reunion 319

Clayton netting the fish Laun caught.

Turley reunion 323

 

Then we headed Mammoth Creek to gut the fish (I have no clue what all these lakes or creeks are called, I have to ask my boys every time).

Turley reunion 341

Our catching's from Panguitch Lake.

Turley reunion 348

Then the boys fished again. They have fished all week long.

Turley reunion 360

The creek fish are much smaller.

Turley reunion 364

Clayton was super excited to catch a fish at the creek, since we didn’t have success last time.

Turley reunion 372Turley reunion 379

 

I’m pretty surprised that Clayton never fell in, since he almost fell this time…

Turley reunion 386

…or this time. 894

Turley reunion 398 

Laun and Porter

Turley reunion 419

Turley reunion 430

 

While the boys fished, I took photos of Marlee’s cuteness.

She loved this huge tree.

Turley reunion 376

She picked a ton of flowers. 

Turley reunion 401

Oh how I love this cute girl.

Turley reunion 437Turley reunion 369Turley reunion 438Turley reunion 448

I even walked out on the log and didn’t fall, which is impressive since I don’t have the best balance.

Turley reunion 444

 

On the way back to the lodge we spotted some animals.

Turley reunion 469Turley reunion 475

 

The day’s catch.

Turley reunion 483

Turley reunion 489

The rainbow trout I caught.

Turley reunion 491

On this trip we have caught rainbow trout, cut throat, brown trout and brook trout.

We ate some fish tonight, but we should have plenty of fish to take home.

Tonight I was in charge of the devotional and I had everyone go around and say things they liked about every couple. There was lots of tears shed (we like each other a lot and get a little emotional) and appreciation expressed. I love my family. We are not perfect by any means, but I love that we see so much good in each other.

1 comment:

wittygal said...

So jealous! I love to fish, when there are fish to catch. It looks like you had a great time. I am trying to talk Jack and Lola into doing reunions, I will keep trying.