Monday, June 10, 2013

Utah trip- part 2

We hit the hotel pool this morning before heading out for the reunion. I forgot to take my camera, but luckily Laura had hers and got some pool pictures.

On a side note, Laun is amazing. He woke up around 5am…as usual, and headed to the store. He got gifts for all the kids and I and some laundry detergent. And then he cleaned all of our laundry at the hotel laundry room before meeting us at the pool. I sure love my man.

I’m pretty sure I love Kenley more than she loves me.

i-Dc7znZT-M

I mean look at her face…like she’s suffering through my kisses. Poor girl, I just love her so much.

i-2nb9RBx-M

Gavin refused to smile since he was away from his mamma. Martha was grocery shopping and Gavin had withdrawals. He’s such a cute little mamma’s boy.

i-skWRRx4-M

I was surrounded by cute little girls.

i-TS7fLJ9-M

Clayton under the waterfall.

i-TWSzmGj-M

 

We left St. George today and headed to the lodge at Duck Creek Village, for the Turley family reunion. The views on the way there were beautiful and I already knew I would love this place.

iphone pics reunion 075

The lodge is awesome…it is like a huge cabin/house. It has a kitchen, dining room, living room, 10 bedrooms which all have there own bathroom, a laundry room, and a grass backyard.

IMG_0453

Just down the road is a True Value Store, so Laun, Clayton and I checked it out.

IMG_0451

Clayton got a huge jaw breaker and I got this solid metal cow (the picture doesn’t do it justice). I will most likely hang my scarves or jewelry from it or maybe even a hand towel. Not sure yet, but I’m sure excited about it and even more excited that it only costs me $10.

IMG_0452IMG_0454

 

Laun took Richard, Ben and our boys on a evening fishing trip. Here they are excited to take off.

IMG_0455

 

While the boys were fishing, Marlee used her time hanging out with her girl cousins. In fact, all the big girls get to sleep in the girl cousin room (and there is a boy cousin room, too). Marlee is so excited to sleep in the big girl room. Well, what she actually said is, “I’ll sleep with the girls, as long as they’re not annoying me.” Ha ha- this 4 year old girl cracks me up.

IMG_0456

The kitchen stayed busy tonight.

Mom, Martha and Laura

IMG_0458

The first shift of feeding begins…

IMG_0459

Dad is making cookies with different grandkids each day. Here is Avery and Josiah helping Grandpa make peanut butter blossoms.

IMG_0462i-VQ3x4Vc-S

(pic by Laura)

 

As we were busy at the lodge, the boys were bringing in the fish. I’m so glad Laun took pictures.

iphone pics reunion 083iphone pics reunion 085iphone pics reunion 086iphone pics reunion 087

 

Laun said the boat and motors worked great.

I love this picture of Laun!!!

iphone pics reunion 089

 

Richard helping load the boat.

iphone pics reunion 090

 

The boys came back so happy about the fish they caught.

IMG_0487IMG_0490

 

And they got back just in time for the dance party.

Laura and Justin handed out the dancing awards that Grandpa made.

IMG_0504

Maybe Clayton’s done a little too much fishing. His dance looks like a fish impersonation.

IMG_0493

The grandkids got so into the dance party.

IMG_0494

Marlee was so excited when she got an award.

IMG_0495

The boys with their dancing awards:

IMG_0500IMG_0510

 

Marlee pretty much danced with everyone- she had so much fun.

Josiah and Marlee are such good buds.

IMG_0497IMG_0499

She even asked Brandon’s younger brother Matt to dance and he kindly obliged.

IMG_0507

I love how she was looking at him.

IMG_0508

I’m pretty sure Marlee could have danced all night. It reminds me of myself, I hardly ever missed a school or church dance.

IMG_0512IMG_0513

Marlee and Andy

IMG_0514

These two are so cute.

IMG_0515

 

Then we celebrated Avery’s birthday with these awesome cupcakes Elizabeth made.

IMG_0518IMG_0467

The kids have had quite the day and the reunion just started.

IMG_0519

No comments: