Sunday, June 16, 2013

to our dads

Mike Hall

Laun’s dad died when Laun was only 7 months old. Even though Laun can’t remember him, I’m sure Mike will seem familiar to Laun when they meet again.

Mike was wonderful to his kids and he certainly passed that on to all of his children. All the Hall children are fabulous with kids.

I’ve been told what a tease Mike was and the same can be said of Laun.

One of Mike’s last moments of life was showing Laun a bunny, less than 15 minutes before Mike died. Laun is the last child Mike held in his arms. Laun kept grabbing Mike’s face like he was trying to tell him something.

Laun has a love for babies and animals to this day, just like his father.

Mike would often sneak Laun out of his bed at night to spend more time with his baby. Laun gets Marlee out of bed almost every morning before she wakes, it reminds me of his father. I look forward to the day when I can tell Mike thanks for hanging in there to have his last child. I need my Laun.

282441_2339026632524_6650898_n

 

Grandpa Hall

I’ve never met Grandpa Hall, but I’ve sure heard about him. He passed away when Laun was a boy. He had a great impact on Laun. When Laun and Jared were young (4 and 5 I believe) they lived with Grandpa and Grandma Hall for a year while Lucy finished her degree. What a blessing this time was for Laun. During this time Laun grew a love for the outdoors, fire, homemade bread with mayo, “a coke and a cake” (he used to let the boys pick out a pop and a treat), and old country music. He taught Laun how to treat women, how to find his way in the wilderness, and a little about driving. I am thankful for him giving Laun one of the best gifts of all, time.

286498_2339010032109_2079442_o

 

 

Robert Turley

My dad taught me many things, such as…

-pursue an education

-work hard

-have faith

-how to type

-live the gospel

-be honest

-stand up for yourself

-be confident

-be consistent in what matters (fhe, scriptures, prayer, attend church)

-be on time (I still need a lot of work on this one)

-faithfully serve

-how to treat a spouse (he writes my mom love notes everyday)

-be healthy

-patience ( I really need to work on this one)

-love people regardless of their mistakes

-forgive

 

Thanks Dad, I love you

192

No comments: