Sunday, June 9, 2013

Utah trip- part 1

We drove into St. George late last night to meet up with my parents, Richards family and Laura’s family.

Today we headed to church in Pine Valley Utah.

IMG_0362

I was excited to see what I call “Oreo” cows. Someday if we get cows I want one of these.

IMG_0361

We went to the Pine Valley Chapel, which was built by Ebenezer Bryce (related to my sister in law Elizabeth) in 1868 and is the oldest LDS chapel still in continuous use.

You can see the chapel in this picture- thanks to my sister Laura who took and shared this picture with me along with many others which I am including in the Utah Trip posts.

i-xnZnxLG-L

 

I went here when I was younger, but I barely remembered it (I’m sure I wrote about it in my journal though).

iphone pics reunion 068

iphone pics reunion 066

iphone pics reunion 073

 

I was excited to have time with Kenley Pearl, love that girl.

i-dRpjzcH-L

(pic from Laura)

 

The cousins loved playing on the grass outside of the church.

iphone pics reunion 063

 

Benjamin and Clayton (they are only 6 months apart in age)

iphone pics reunion 064

Carolyn and Marlee (Marlee loves having time with her girl cousins)

iphone pics reunion 072

 

Then we had a picnic at a nearby state park.

IMG_0366

Richard, Laura and I

IMG_0372

 

The kids quickly headed out to explore.

Benjamin, Clayton and Porter

IMG_0365

Marlee often catches a ride.

IMG_0379IMG_0381

 

Laun spotted some birds.

IMG_0393IMG_0387

These boys had so much fun together.

IMG_0385IMG_0383IMG_0394

IMG_0396

 

They even caught 2 snakes.

IMG_0398

i-BZ97cXR-L

(pic from Laura)

 

The kids all had to take a turn petting the snakes before the snakes were let loose again.

IMG_0403

 

That evening we ate and relaxed in the hotel. The kids had fun horsing around and then watching movies.

IMG_0411

IMG_0412

 

Richard, Laura and I went on a drive to see some of St. George.

IMG_0422IMG_0423

IMG_0418

IMG_0421

I love the red mountains.

IMG_0428IMG_0435

Then we drove up a mountain and got a great view of the city lights and the temple from above.

IMG_0436

 

We stopped by the St. George Temple.

IMG_0441

IMG_0443

 

Richard and I

IMG_0448

Then I went back to the hotel and watched Blind Side with Laun- love that movie.

No comments: