Monday, June 24, 2013

Happy {31st} Birthday to me

I got breakfast in bed, but I did end up eating at the table with my family. 

Rosevelt lake and my b-day 669Rosevelt lake and my b-day 674

All morning the kids and I sat around eating candy and watching Granite Flat episodes. It was nice to just relax. And the boys did all the laundry and dishes and wouldn’t let me do any of it:)

Then we went out for lunch to Zinburgers. I got a salad, but there hamburgers are really good too. During the summers they have $3 kid meals which include a hamburger, sweet potato fries or regular fries and a drink. I am all about a good deal.

017

Laun ‘s hamburger was good.

018

Laun must know what makes my heart happy because he picked me out some cool glass jars.

Rosevelt lake and my b-day 680

Each of the kids got to pick out something to go in the jars, so of coarse they filled them with snacks. Porter chose cookies, Marlee pretzels and Clayton gummy worms.

Rosevelt lake and my b-day 678

Laun made a delicious dinner…steak , sweet potatoes and corn on the cob.

Rosevelt lake and my b-day 682

The kids got to light the birthday candles.

Rosevelt lake and my b-day 690

31

Rosevelt lake and my b-day 693Rosevelt lake and my b-day 695

It is a good thing there wasn’t actually 31 candles or I don’t think I could’ve blown them all out at once.

Rosevelt lake and my b-day 696

Laun made a yummy ice cream cake. The bottom layer was chocolate covered graham cookies with coconut oil, then cookies and cream ice cream, then chocolate mint cookies and then mint ice cream- so good.

003

It was such a nice day to just relax and hang out with my family. They sure make me feel special.

My parents got me a new blender for my Bosch, since mine broke, so I am excited to have one again. And Lucy sent me some cute fabric awhile back that I wanted (I already made Marlee some pillowcases with the fabric).

1 comment:

Heather Williams said...

Happy birthday! You are well loved by your family...I can tell.
P.S. We love Zinburger too.