Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Utah trip- part 4

Andy and Elizabeth made breakfast this morning, pancakes and syrups…and I mean syrups. I’ve never seen so many different flavors of syrup. The bubble gum and buttermilk syrups were my kids favorite flavors.

IMG_0887

cute girls- Avery and Marlee

IMG_0888

 

Then we went to Bryce Canyon.

Turley reunion 002Turley reunion 003Turley reunion 006Turley reunion 009Turley reunion 014Turley reunion 015Turley reunion 017Turley reunion 020Turley reunion 028

Andy talked about Ebenezer Bryce one night at the reunion (Elizabeth’s family), so it was cool to see this at Bryce Canyon. And on the right hand side it talks about the Pine Valley Chapel, which is where we went to church last Sunday.

Turley reunion 031

Turley reunion 034

We had pretzels and cheese for lunch. We put the pretzels on the Tahoe dash board to heat them up.

Turley reunion 036

I think the chipmunk faces give it all away, the kids liked lunch.

Turley reunion 038

 

Then we headed to Tropic Reservoir.

Turley reunion 039Turley reunion 054

Marlee picked lots and lots of flowers.

Turley reunion 042Turley reunion 055

Marlee wanted to get in the water, so she peeled off her clothes.

Turley reunion 061Turley reunion 063

Clayton caught a huge fish:)

Turley reunion 073

Turley reunion 076

Laun and I relaxing while the kiddos fished.

Turley reunion 080Turley reunion 082Turley reunion 083

Marlee reeled in this fish all by herself and celebrated.

Turley reunion 091Turley reunion 090Turley reunion 092

 

I made Porter wear my hat since the kid has no hair; I didn’t want him to get sunburned. The kids have seen a lot of sun on this trip.

Turley reunion 098

Turley reunion 104

All the fish we caught in this reservoir were small.

Turley reunion 108

Turley reunion 113Turley reunion 115

This little fish was so pretty.

Turley reunion 118Turley reunion 120

 

Then we headed back to the lodge.

Turley reunion 124

Mabel, Ben and Gavin helped Grandpa make Neiman Marcus Cookies today.

Turley reunion 129

The kids loved playing croquet and horseshoes.

Turley reunion 134Turley reunion 136

 

Then I started the minute to win it games. The kids had to keep the balloons from touching the ground.

Turley reunion 140

Then the kids had to see how many pieces of bubble gum they could shove in their mouths in 1 minute.

Turley reunion 144

There was some full mouths.

Turley reunion 147Turley reunion 149Turley reunion 150Turley reunion 152

Porter got 10 and I think Clayton got 20!

Turley reunion 151

Then they had to see who could blow the most bubbles.

Turley reunion 153

Lastly, the challenge was using chopsticks to pick up marshmallows and skittles. Clayton and Ben got way to overly creative and we had to make some rules. The skittles were pretty hard to pick up.

Turley reunion 160

The kids enjoyed watching you tube videos and songs on the “big screen” Justin brought.

Turley reunion 163

No comments: