Tuesday, December 6, 2016

finally home

This morning Carter needed to go to Primary Children’s Hospital for a cat scan. The nurse saw that I had Carter and Sydney all by myself, so she asked the Shriner’s van driver to help me in and stay with me, very kind of her. The driver was an elderly man and is a Shriner, who volunteers once a week by driving people where ever they need to go…another hospital, home, etc. He helps with the other Shriner’s to raise money, since the hospital will not bill patients if they can’t cover all the costs. We’ve been so blessed by the many volunteers like him. Shriner’s bills are insurance and then will cover what you can’t.

Carter did great for the scan and his hip looks positioned well, so the doctor will leave this Spica cast on, rather than replacing it tomorrow! Which means we can go home tonight.

20161206_092418

My mom and Marlee were at Shriner’s when we got back from Primary Children’s. It was good to see them. My mom is always a huge help and strength to me, especially since she’s dealt with a child having multiple surgeries and body casts. Whenever I feel like freaking out a little, I just remember that she did this, so I can, too. My biggest regret is that I never took any pictures with her and Carter at Shriner’s! Marlee loved coming and playing doctor to Carter’s bear. It’s been fun having her here all day and she especially loved raiding the snack area. She’s the cutest doctor I’ve ever seen!

20161206_11500020161206_115418

We decided Carter needed a break from his hospital room, so we busted out our wagon and took him on a ride and he brought his favorite snack, goldfish.

20161206_125537

I am loving that Caroline, the Child Life Specialist put a matching cast on his bear and then we mod podged batman fabric and tattoos onto the Spica cast. They are in this together, batman casts and all and boy are they looking cute!

20161206_135102

Carter has also loved glove balloons and popsicles (I think he’s eaten an infinity of those things).

20161206_140018

These two finally conked out.

20161206_15272520161206_141622

I love that Carter’s siblings want to visit him. All this love is sure to make him heal faster.

20161206_17580520161206_175813

It’s very late, but we want to go home, so one more nasty dose of medicine before we hit the road. Honestly, taking all the meds has probably been the hardest on Carter. We definitely need to find some good tasting meds for this kiddo, because he’ll be taking plenty this week. And thankfully, we remembered to grab a pile of mole skin petals on our way out. 

20161206_181929

Clayton didn’t get to visit Carter in the hospital, so he was very anxious to see him. It’s nice to have all the cords disconnected from Carter. His feet are still pretty swollen, especially his left foot. This kid impresses me so much, he’s a trooper!

No comments: