Thursday, July 7, 2016

She’s here…Hall baby #6!!

Well, I was suppose to go to the hospital at 6:30 this morning, but since they kept having walk-ins of women in labor, I had to wait until 2:30pm. That’s what happens when you deliver at Provo Hospital, it is baby central, but when I got there, it was great care.

I only gained 20 lbs, since I lost 5 lbs after not eating desserts for over 7 weeks. I couldn’t have dessert since I only passed my glucose test by 1 point.

 20160707_142530

20160707_143602

On June 14th I was 70% effaced and dilated to a 2. At my last appointment (on July 5th, 2 days ago, on Tuesday) I was 80% effaced and dilated to a 4. When I got checked this afternoon, I was the same…80% and a 4, so no progress, even though I hiked on Monday.

So Laun and I left our kiddos with my parents and headed to the hospital, which I was starting to think wasn’t going to happen today. I checked in at 2:30pm. I got my epidural at 3:45pm. Its the best one I’ve ever gotten and mine have all been good. The anesthesiologist (old man who wears suspenders and who all the nurses say is the best-he is) has you lay on your left side, rather than sit up, which makes it easier to stay still. Plus, I hardly felt a thing and bam I was done. Dr. Nance broke my water at 4:00 pm and at first I stayed the same. Then all of a sudden I felt like the head was going to fall out of me and when they checked I was right, her head was there and it was time to push. Her head has been low for so long now, that the doctor figured I’d go fast (that’s part of the reason we scheduled it- so I could make it to the hospital in time, have an epidural, and have my husband and doctor there). My photographer and friend Elizabeth Ashdown walked in at 5:00pm and my mom was there to meet her and took her baby so she could photograph. I pushed twice, but really it was more like 1 1/2 times and I delivered at 5:11pm. So I was there for almost 3 hours and she came, even though I wasn’t in labor. It was fast. I pushed so little that I didn’t even have a chance to look at Laun’s face. When she first came out her lower face reminded me of Carter when he was born. And with her only being 6 pounds 4 oz. and 18 inches long, I’d say my dessert free diet worked. She’s tiny and I’m glad we only took her 4 days early, since she was so small. She’s a quiet baby, even her cry isn’t very loud. She has a good amount of reddish hair, who knows where that came from. She has hands like Porter. We now have 3 kids with Turley hands. My genes run strong. Her right foot is pressed up towards her leg and leans out to the right. Hopefully it’s just bad placement in the womb (we saw it in her ultra sound) and not any joint issue). It also looks a little empty near the outside of her ankle, from being pressed up against it. She is perfect and tiny. My dad brought all our other kids to the hospital to see the baby. They love her. I think Carter still doesn’t know what to think and  Marlee loves having a sister, finally!

It’s times like this where I really miss Cooper, I want a picture with our whole family! I still can’t believe I’ve had 6 children. This body with all it’s issues is still amazing and God has blessed me.

Laun and I make some cute kids!

20160707_181908

20160707_200621

Her hair looked even more red after her bath. We are naming this sweet little girl Sydney Rose. I think we actually had both of these names on the list for awhile, but had taken them off and on. Laun and I have to see a baby before we name them. Pretty soon after we got to our room, Laun said Sydney Rose and we loved it. I like Sydney because it ends with the same sound as Marlee and I like Rose for her red hair. I originally liked the name Rosie because of the cute little actress on We Bought a Zoo. 

20160707_205851

20160707_205952

I love how you can see Laun and I in the mirror taking pictures of our cute baby.

20160707_21002420160707_21015320160707_21000720160707_210049

I’m so glad my parents were in town. My dad took all my kids to Rockwell for ice cream and my mom brought some back for Laun and I. So good, but maybe it’s also that I haven’t had hardly any dessert for almost 2 months.

20160707_211232

20160707_215442

20160707_223150

Since my parents are home with my kids, Laun stayed the night with me in the hospital. This is our first child we’ve ever had where Laun hasn’t been a student, kind of nice. We are so thankful for Sydney and her sweet little spirit. I’ll post the photographer’s pictures too, in another post.

No comments: