Thursday, July 28, 2016

FOUR-TEEN

How did this happen?! How is my firstborn baby 14 today! He’s actually not even home today, because he’s at Lake Powell with the scouts. So we will celebrate later, a lot later, because we have to wait for him and Laun (in Alaska) to get home.

DSC0060920160725_174641

14 Things I love about Clayton:

1. He was the easiest baby, which is a great way to start motherhood. He slept anywhere, loved everything (foods, swing, jumper, etc.) and was just happy.

2. He is an amazing big brother, especially with the youngest ones. He teaches them, babysits them, changes diapers, you name it. And they love him. And I often fall asleep hearing him and Porter talking and laughing.

3. He is my biggest helper. I can depend on him to babysit his siblings, run errands with me and he can lift/carry pretty much anything. Sometimes it feels like another adult in the house.

4. Speaking of adults, he’s tall like an adult. He’s grown so much this year in stature and maturity.

5. He’s so willing to help and serve, inside and outside of the home. Whether its mowing a yard, shoveling snow or giving a church talk.

6. He’s very talkative and good at making friends.

7. He’s confident and isn’t afraid to be himself or worry what others think of him.

8. He’s smart. He got 2nd place in the geography bee this last school year and it didn’t even seem hard to him. It helps that he has an amazing memory.

9. He’s passionate about his hobbies. He loves soccer, hunting, fishing and trying new things.

10. He’s good at learning from his dad. He knows how to play hard and work hard. He’ll fish and then fillet them all when he gets home.

11. He steps up when I need help. When I was pregnant and sick, Laun wanted some cookies for a dairy, so Clayton made them.

12. He’s not afraid to try new things, he’s a go getter.

13. He’s the whole package…funny, social, smart and handsome.

14. I love how he is always up for a good time. Whether its hiking, a late night movie, hanging out with friends, being in the outdoors, etc. He is fun to be with and I sure love him.

Happy birthday Clayton, we sure love you!

No comments: