Monday, November 2, 2015

my heart is full

I remember after Cooper passed, a phrase, my heart is full but my hands are empty. It sort of killed me. Even though no one can ever replace Cooper, it makes my heart happy that my hands are not empty. I’ve had two babies to love on since then. And this little boy Carter of mine fills my soul with joy. My heart is full and so are my hands and I love it.

laun and cat phone 012laun and cat phone 013

I’m especially proud of Carter today. His physical therapist, Kim Green, comes to our home every other week and we meet her for pool therapy every other week. Today during his physical therapy he took steps. Many steps. And it was awesome. He was proud and I was proud. We’ve been through a lot together and he’s a fighter. Seeing my 20 month old finally take steps is pretty special. Progress is a powerful thing.

No comments: