We are staying with my parents for the first part of the week and then heading to Show Low. We went right away to see my Grandpa Mecham in the hospital. He had intestinal surgery 3 months ago and has then gotten sick, so he has still not returned home. I haven’t seen him until today, since we live far away. I cried when I entered the hospital room. My strong, energizer bunny Grandpa was in a bed with a mask on. Oh how I love that man.
He hugged Marlee twice and said something like, “well there needs to be a cute first grader” (and she certainly is).
He told me that he couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw me, melted my heart. When Laun left the room my grandpa started crying and told me that he’s always loved Laun. Laun was in my Grandpa’s ward since he was 8 years old. I love him too and I love my sweet little Grandpa.
Then we headed to my sister Rachel’s for dinner to see my siblings and their families that live in town. Marlee loved seeing her cousins.
Ted, Richelle, Me, Rachel and Laura
Afterwards, we headed over to my see my Turley Grandparents. My Grandpa recently got his hip replaced and the way the doctor described his hip sounded like mine, I guess I’ve gotten quite a few of this wonderful mans genes. He mentioned to me that as he’s had this surgery and been doing physical therapy, he’s thought of me often and all I’ve been through.
We got to see so much family today and I am most grateful to have finally seen my Grandpa Mecham.
No comments:
Post a Comment