Friday, November 14, 2014

Carter’s surgery

Last night was rough. Carter didn’t sleep well and I couldn’t nurse him, since he’s having a surgery. He finally fell asleep a little before we had to leave for the hospital.

cat phone 1394

I love this crazy kid!

IMG_0016IMG_0017IMG_0018

I think he’s happy to have Grandma Lucy here.

IMG_0021

Checking out the toys and sitting up (he won’t be able to sit up in the cast).

IMG_0022

I had to get some pictures of his cute legs before he got casted.

IMG_0027IMG_0031IMG_0032IMG_0033IMG_0037

Laun is sad that he won’t see Carter until tomorrow. We face timed so that he could see Carter before surgery.

IMG_0036

Dr. Vincent cut some tendons, cleaned it out and got his hip where he wanted. He had to cast Carter very extreme because of his hip position.

I was happy and sad all at once to go back and see my baby in the recovery room. Poor boy is used to army crawling and sitting up, but when he wakes up he’ll probably feel like he’s paralyzed since he’s casted from the waist down.

cat phone 1398cat phone 1399

At least I can still see his cute toes.

cat phone 1401

Poor boy, he’s probably wondering what the heck is going on. At least he’s healthy, it can always be worse.

cat phone 1402

Dr. Vincent with Carter

cat phone 1403

He was still very drugged and was in and out of sleep.

cat phone 1404cat phone 1407IMG_0041IMG_0048IMG_0047IMG_0051

His cast lining is different, should be easier to clean.

cat phone 1413

Just look at that crazy position…poor boy! It looks like he’s doing the splits, or as Dr. Vincent says…it looks like his left leg is trying to go over a hurdle.

cat phone 1408

Carter in his hospital crib…I love how little of the bed he occupies.

cat phone 1411

My good friend Elizabeth Ashdown came with her daughter Harper.

IMG_0074

Elizabeth grabbed my camera and snapped some pictures for me…

IMG_0052IMG_0053IMG_0055IMG_0062

Harper brought Carter that cute green ball I’m holding.

IMG_0065IMG_0069

Dr. Vincent came in and showed me Carter’s hip x-ray. He’s a great doctor.

IMG_0072

Andy and Elizabeth’s family came to visit and brought Carter some toys.

IMG_0079

I brought the horse rattle that Laun got for Carter and the sweet boy held it and fell asleep.

cat phone 1415cat phone 1416

 

Lucy went back to my brother Andy’s house and thankfully Andy stayed with me and helped me with Carter, since I’m really not suppose to be picking up that much weight yet and having a cane makes it hard, too. Andy waited around while I got some much needed sleep in before he headed home. I sure love that brother of mine.

cat phone 1419cat phone 1421

No comments: