Today is a big day. I’m leaving my mom’s house, with just a cane and no walker, thank you very much! It’s also a scary day for me. I’m leaving my mom, who’s basically been my “crutch” that I’ve leaned on since Laun’s been in Utah for work. I’m headed for Tucson for my surgery follow up appointment with my doctor and then tomorrow Carter has surgery. We are going to be left hip twins and it will be all sorts of crazy or should I say crazier.
My appointment with Dr. Maltry went well. I love this man. Besides my closest family members, he’s had one of the biggest impacts on my life. Because of him I am able to have two new hips, less pain and a second chance at life. I can be a better individual, wife and mother. It’s hard to accomplish all I need to when I am in such pain everyday, so I am super excited to heal and do more.
The man- Dr. Maltry
The hips-
My left hip looks pretty good, although I’m still standing pretty uneven. It will take months for that to improve. I will be excited for my next x-ray to see it progress.
My left hip is a different model than my right one. Some people had problems with their bones growing into the other kind, but mine worked great. Because of that they no longer use that same hip, so my left one is a little different. The right one didn’t require screws, but I guess the kind they put in my left hip always takes one screw. Since my bones are especially screwed up they gave me two screws…I guess that just makes me extra special.
After the appointment my mom took Carter and I to Elizabeth and Andy’s home. It’s so nice they live here and that I don’t have to stay in a hotel. Lucy met up with us at their house. She is going to take Carter and I to the hospital tomorrow for Carter’s surgery and help me since I’m still on a cane and really shouldn’t be lifting Carter yet. Then after the hospital stay she will drive us to Show Low where Laun will meet up with us this weekend.
When my mom left for home tonight I stood in the driveway and watched her pull away and cried. I broke down. I don’t know how I’m going to make it without her or Laun. This is a hard time for me, but we will survive. I’m normally pretty independent, but it’s hard when I’m still healing after a major surgery and then my baby has to have a big surgery. I hate that I require so much help, but I am so grateful for all the service from both our families.
No comments:
Post a Comment