Saturday, November 29, 2014

another surgery

Today we left very early for Tucson. I think our family has done enough traveling back and forth from Arizona and Utah!

Carter needed  a little break from his car seat, so we took a pit stop.

Launs phone 275Launs phone 278Launs phone 279cat phone 1568

I feel a little somber and worried this morning, but I need to stay hopeful. It’s so hard seeing your baby go through physical issues, but we are beyond blessed that this is the extent of his problems. Laun reading to Carter before we talk to the doctor.

cat phone 1569

Dr. Vincent came to talk with us and Carter’s hip is indeed out. It’s not at all where it should be and is far out the back side. He’s wondering if the extreme casting was part of the issue. It’s hard because Carter is an unusual case. Most kids with dislocated hips just use the brace and it works and if that doesn’t than 1 surgery typically works, so Carter’s hip is especially difficult to fix. Dr. Vincent is going to stick a pin through this time to help the ball and socket to stay in the right place. The pin will be poked through the skin and the end will stick out of the skin. Thankfully, we won’t see the pin sticking out of the leg, since the body cast will cover it. Poor boy!

Launs phone 281Launs phone 283

This boy loves sticking his hands down his cast.

Launs phone 288

Poor kid, he’s practically in a split position.

Launs phone 291Launs phone 293

I’m so glad that it’s Saturday and Laun can be here with us.

cat phone 1572

Carter is trying out the red cast this time. If you notice the left leg, thigh area of the cast, bumps out. It sticks out because that is where the pin is. This cast is less extreme than the last one, more of a squat position than the splits.

cat phone 1578

Love Carter’s wild hair! It might be time for a haircut.

cat phone 1573cat phone 1575

Do you want to know what it feels like coming off of anesthesia?

Miserable…like this:

Launs phone 297

Left hip twins…we’ve been at the hospital a lot lately.

Launs phone 301

Back to Show Low, only to take off tomorrow for more driving. I don’t know how Laun physically keeps up with all the driving.

cat phone 1585

I was beat tonight and thank heavens for Anna and Jennette who packed up our stuff for me. I’m forever in debt to so many people! Love my family and friends!

No comments: