Porter had half day today, so Laun told him he could pick where we went to lunch. He picked Panda Express (one of his favorites) and then we went to Yogurtland afterwards. I think I love half days as much as my kids do.
We went to Porter’s school this afternoon for open house and parent teacher conference. Laun and I got to see some of the things he is doing in his classes. He also pulled out the laptop he gets to use at school and showed us his power point slides, which we helped him finish…since it is due tomorrow. I can’t believe 5th graders have apple laptops and that they know how to do power points, amazing. We live in a different world than I grew up in, that’s for sure. He’s doing great in his classes, socially, etc. But what I loved hearing most from the teacher was that Porter is very confident and the other kids in his class really like that. Confidence is attractive and this kid seems to be full of it:) Keep it up Porter!
Porter reading his poem at open house.
Then we headed to Clayton’s school, but we only met with two of his teachers today, since he has so many teachers I see his teachers on 3 different days! Junior High complicates things! Today we met with his Science and Math teacher. He is doing pretty good in both of those classes, but most importantly the teachers talked about how well Clayton gets along with others and how respectful he is. It makes me happy that his teachers enjoy having him in class because of his good behavior and attitude towards them and his classmates. He has worked really hard in Junior High and has been very independent and pro active in his education this year. I am so proud of him for being so on the ball and doing his best in school. He even initiated going to Math lab every Monday after school, which has been great for him. There is a large group of kids that attend and they can do make up work, re-takes and work on homework. Clayton is in the highest 6th grade Math class this year and it has really challenged him,but I’m proud of him for stepping up and meeting the challenge. Keep it up Clayton!
No comments:
Post a Comment