Sunday, October 6, 2013

General Conference weekend-Ryan’s cabin

We picked up Porter from school on Friday night from his fieldtrip and headed to Ryan’s cabin. Ryan got his TV all set up out there so we could watch General Conference this time, instead of just listening to it. I got car sick- dang those curvy roads and my sensitive pregnant body. We had to pull off more than once…I was glad when we finally got there.

Saturday was pretty sweet. I took a long nap that morning while Laun and Clayton went out hunting. I was woken up by Clayton bringing in his turkey to show me:) Laun and Clayton both had success.

Laun iphone pics 0032013-10-06 15.51.532013-10-05 10.27.19

One proud boy.

2013-10-05 10.27.252013-10-05 11.29.36

The kids had to inspect the turkeys.

2013-10-05 11.30.11

Clayton is going to save the turkey’s wings.

2013-10-05 10.33.142013-10-05 11.34.18

Taking the meat off…it looks like we are having turkey tonight.

2013-10-05 11.41.55

Everyone loves the hammock.

Laun iphone pics 012Laun iphone pics 013

The guys went bear hunting with no luck:(

Laun iphone pics 015

Horse riding:

Laun iphone pics 017Laun iphone pics 019Laun iphone pics 018Laun iphone pics 020Laun iphone pics 025

After watching some General Conference we went on a Ranger ride.

2013-10-05 16.46.30

We munched on some peanuts, a traditional snack that we take when we go to Ryan’s cabin.

2013-10-05 16.46.49

Looking for bears…

Laun and Ryan

2013-10-05 17.04.51

Clayton didn’t have time to play, he was pretty serious about trying to spot a bear.

2013-10-05 17.13.11

The kids had fun playing and catching creatures.

2013-10-05 17.12.33

Marlee was pretty proud of catching a horny toad all by herself. 

2013-10-05 17.25.04

For dinner Laun cooked up turkey, it doesn’t get much fresher than that.

2013-10-05 19.59.502013-10-05 20.00.16

 

Today we watched conference, went on a Ranger ride, relaxed and ended the day with smoked pork before heading home.

2013-10-06 11.51.462013-10-06 12.50.302013-10-06 12.50.50

A snake was caught, what a shocker.

2013-10-06 13.06.49

Clayton and I chilling on the hammock.

2013-10-06 13.21.052013-10-06 14.21.38

As we were watching conference the kids went out and collected wild flowers.

2013-10-06 14.25.59

I think the pork rind vase adds an extra flare to their beautiful bouquet.

2013-10-06 14.25.152013-10-06 14.25.37

We made a stop on our drive home…I may or may not have thrown up again, lovely.

2013-10-06 16.42.00

Sweet Laun gave me these flowers as I sat in a somewhat fetal position:) Gotta love the perks that come with pregnancy.

2013-10-06 18.41.34

We had a relaxing weekend and enjoyed listening to conference. Even though we didn’t come home with bear meat, at least the guys found some turkeys.

No comments: