Wednesday, August 19, 2015

first day

It’s the first day of school for the 2015-2016 school year.

We spent the night at Lindsie’s last night, so all these pictures are in front of her house (we are still in the camper).

cat phone 383cat phone 387

Clayton- 13 years old, in 8th grade at Spanish Fork Junior High

cat phone 390

Porter- 11 years old, in 7th grade at Spanish Fork Junior High

cat phone 392

Marlee- 1st grade at Canyon Elementary School

cat phone 394

I’m excited that Clayton and Porter are back in Junior High together like they were in Tucson. Tucson’s school went from 6th-8th grade and this school is 7th-9th grade.

cat phone 396

Marlee is sad that Porter isn’t at school with her this year, last year he was with her for a little over half the school year.

Marlee’s 1st grade teacher is Mrs. Swenson.

cat phone 398cat phone 402

Carter and I are overjoyed for one on one time.

cat phone 403

Today Laun is with Sunthorn (they were doctorate students together at UofA) and two of his co-workers. They came clear from Thailand! They went to the Bateman’s dairy.

cat phone 404

I surprised the kids when I picked them up and took them to the Bean Museum. It’s on BYU campus, it’s updated, it’s awesome and it’s free!

Carter kept pointing at all the birds and saying “geegle geegle” which is what he calls any type of bird.

cat phone 407cat phone 408cat phone 410cat phone 413

I’m pretty sure this is the biggest elevator I’ve ever been in. Porter likes to jump as it goes down.

cat phone 415cat phone 417

I let all the kids get something from the gift shop. Carter loved this bouncy ball with fishes inside, so I grabbed it and all the other kids happen to pick suckers. Clayton and Porter got ones with a scorpion inside and Marlee got a BYU one. I made a big mistake…every kid got a sucker except for Carter and he let us know how unhappy he was. The kids took turns sharing their suckers with him.

cat phone 418 cat phone 423cat phone 427

cat phone 425cat phone 429

Then we met up with Laun, Sunthorn and his co-workers at BYU creamery.

cat phone 430

Sunthorn’s wife got our whole family matching shirts. She looked at our facebook pictures to guess our sizes, since we’ve never met her. It was so sweet of her and one day we all want to wear them and send her a picture.

cat phone 441

Then we had to drive clear back to the camper, I’m getting tired.

No comments: