Yesterday we moved all our stuff out of our Spanish Fork home rental & into a storage unit nearby. We have yet to find another rental or home to buy, so we will stay with Laun’s Uncle & Aunt Johnson, in their basement. We are so grateful for the help. I’m so glad it’s summer so I don’t have to worry about where to put our kids for school.
Thankfully, our sweet neighbor Maurine Canto (an old family friend of Lucy & Mike, who happens to live across the street) watched Carter & our other kids for awhile. Which was really helpful, since Carter’s doing stuff like this, pushing something on wheels towards the garage steps.
Maurine also made 3 meals for us yesterday, what a saint!
Early this morning around midnight , Laun & the boys took the last load to the storage unit, while I finished cleaning.
Poor Marlee crashed, but there’s no bed to lay her in.
Around 2am we finally finished & headed out. The kids were so tired. We got to Aunt Julie’s in Riverton around 3 am & the kids finally got to lay down to sleep.
I finally got to bed around 4 am, but I couldn’t sleep in. Carter had an appointment at Shriner’s in Salt Lake this morning & we were still on time, miracles happen.
Poor boy, he hates x-rays, he’s so tired of people messing with him, but they are really his helpers.
His hip is still in! He needs to keep wearing his brace at night though. He might not like seeing the doctor, but he loves all the toys. He is standing more & getting around better. I need to be better at remembering to put his feet braces on.
I think the kids are happy that we are staying at a home with a pool.
Today Clayton went with Laun to grab our other truck from our old rental. I had forgotten to take pictures of the home, so Clayton snapped some for me:
It’s always strange to me when a chapter of your life closes. I went though a lot in that home. Most of my hip replacement & recovery & physical therapy was done there. Carter had a huge operation in that home & many body casts to fix his dislocated hip. And he turned 1! My kids all accomplished a lot there & grew too fast. Laun was in his first year of his career here. We celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary. Time flies! Now we will just have to see where our next journey takes us.
No comments:
Post a Comment