Tuesday, July 28, 2015

officially a teenager

How is Clayton 13 years old already!?! I can’t believe that the kid I had, just a month after turning 20 is a teenager!

He loves donuts, so we tried out a place called Beyond Glazed for breakfast.

cat phone 651

And let me tell you, they are beyond glazed, those things were a sugar overload!

cat phone 653

They had all sorts of fun flavors. Some of the kinds he got…smores, maple bacon (so good), root beer, cookies & cream, etc.

cat phone 655

Then we met up with Lindsie and her boys at Sandy Beach, Utah Lake.

cat phone 656cat phone 657cat phone 660cat phone 661cat phone 662

I love that you can just drive right up near the water.

cat phone 665cat phone 666

You can hardly tell, but the white speck clear out in the ocean is Clayton with Cade, then Porter & Dallin seam to pare up and Brooks & Marlee.

cat phone 669

Marlee and Brooks love playing together.

cat phone 670

We had subs and frozen treats for lunch. The babies eating, while Marlee and Brooks tried to warm up in their towels.

cat phone 673cat phone 678

I love these pictures of Carter and I…

cat phone 682

One of my all time favs, beach life is rough.

cat phone 685cat phone 687

Clayton chose sushi for dinner and the coconut roll was a favorite.

cat phone 696

Carter looks innocent, but don’t let him fool you. He doesn’t have the best restaurant behavior, so Laun ran to a nearby store and bought him some candy, for everyone’s sake.

cat phone 699cat phone 700

Back at the Johnsons, Clayton gave Carter a high five from the crows nest.

cat phone 707

Happy Birthday Clayton, we are so glad you’re ours. We love you always.

13 things I love about Clayton:

1- He’s always up for trying new things.

2- How easily he makes friends.

3- His desire to go to the temple and do baptisms for the dead.

4- The way he cares for Carter and wants to hold him.

5- His willingness to babysit his siblings.

6- How helpful he can be…mowing the lawns, chores, etc.

7- He’s grown a lot this year (not just in height).

8- That he is active in his church duties (church attendance, young mens, passing the sacrament, collecting fast offerings).

9- How hard he works on his soccer and running skills.   

10- His kind heart.

11- He’s well rounded…smart, athletic, musical.

12- He is pretty dang impressive on a rip stick.

13- He’s the most handsome 13 year old I know.

No comments: