Monday, March 24, 2014

Porter’s play and Elizabeth’s birthday

Fifth grade at Manzanita Elementary School is pretty cool. The first semester they went on the Payson trip and this semester was the Civil War Simulation. They memorize parts, dress up, etc.

All the 5th grade classes: 015

cute Porter- with beard and red neck tie

016

018

Unfortunately, Carter had a doctor appointment today and Marlee was not happy to miss any of Porter’s play, either was I. I didn’t realize until it was too late that Carter’s appointment and Porter’s play were the same day. 

019

So, I was there for the very beginning to snag those pictures and see part of the first act (which Porter wasn’t in) and then had to run to the doctors office (which is pretty far away).

Luckily, Laun came and watched the scene Porter was in and I showed up soon after it was done- so bummed! At least Laun got some pictures for me. Laun's phone 004

I think Porter was excited that they were video tapping the play.

Laun's phone 005

 

Anyways, Laun went back to work and I stayed with Porter to watch the rest of the scenes.

There is so much that goes into this day, it is crazy. The parent volunteers, teachers and staff are amazing!

021

023

The only time I’ve thought a girl looks good in a beard;)

025026

After the whole production the kids all go into an amazing meal with decorated tables, fried chicken and the fixings for lunch. After lunch they had water day.

Tonight we went to Frost’s for gelato to celebrate Elizabeth’s birthday. We got the mini cones which we had never gotten before.

027

We sure love having cousins closer!

029

No comments: