Thursday, February 2, 2017

We made it!

The best Christmas present I’ve ever received is when Laun gave me an envelope with some February dates on it and inside was 3 pictures. These pictures were all things to do with Florida!

20170223_10124820170223_10130120170223_10130920170223_101318
He arranged for his mom to come out and babysit, so I could go with him to a work conference that happens to be where he served his mission! We took Sydney along, since she still nurses and we figured Grandma has all the other kids, plus one in a body cast. Sydney did amazing on the red eye flight there.
20170202_00093520170202_000952
20170202_001614
You know it’s too cold where you live when they have to defrost the wings before take off!
20170202_005941 (1)
Sydney was amazing & slept a lot on the plane rides. Unfortunately, Laun and I didn’t get much sleep!
20170202_08360720170202_08552620170202_090731

We made it to Florida, jet lag in all & got our rental car.
The scenery really surprised me. I knew it was thick with trees, since Laun told me, but I still thought there would be more palm trees. And I couldn’t get over all of the spanish moss on the trees.
20170202_101042
We ate at a chain BBQ place called Sonny’s and it was so good. Way better than the places in Utah.
20170202_111634 (1)20170202_111645 (1)
It was nice to drive around and see memories come back to Laun about his mission.
20170202_115317
Castillo de San Marcos
20170202_124526
Bridge of Lions
20170202_12464520170202_124714

We went to St. Augustine and found a hotel and crashed. After napping the afternoon away, we headed to a restaurant that Laun has been waiting a long time to go to…
20170202_185901 (1)
We had the minorcan clam chowder & shrimp. It was all good, but I really loved the shrimp, different than any I’ve ever had.
20170202_18505920170202_185956 (1)
We went for a late dinner, so it’s hard to see Laun.
20170202_192302
Then we drove around to look for anything familiar to Laun and found one of the apartments he lived in! It is so fun seeing his mission came alive. I’m really loving seeing where he served and the trip just started!
20170202_20223420170202_202121

No comments: