Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Laun working, girls exploring

Kanapaha Botanical Gardens

It was beautiful and I guess during June to September are the most colorful months, man I’d love to come back! I carried Sydney in the ergo and she was great and napped while I walked in stunning scenery for a couple hours.

20170207_102210

Welcome to the jungle, there were vines all over.

20170207_10272920170207_102735

20170207_102944

I love the tall bamboo.

20170207_10351620170207_104105

Spanish moss everywhere!

20170207_10511720170207_10514320170207_105520

Just to get an idea of how big these vines are.

20170207_105507

sleeping beauty

20170207_105609

The only let down was that this pond in the warmer season has huge lily pads and I would love to see that, maybe I can come back someday!

20170207_10562020170207_10570120170207_105736

Now this is what I thought Florida looked like.

20170207_110211

This reminds me of the secret garden.

20170207_11070120170207_11075620170207_110901

While I’m looking at flowers, Laun is looking at power points, lucky me.

20170207_11131220170207_111814 (1)

I loved this, reminds me of something you’d see in a Dr. Seuss book.

20170207_11185520170207_11192920170207_11212420170207_11221720170207_11251920170207_112611

20170207_11280420170207_11294820170207_11331120170207_11342220170207_115036

cool tree

20170207_11511120170207_112530

I’m pretty sure I covered the map and thankfully most the trails are shaded.

20170207_115658

And how pretty is this gift shop…I’d love a home like this.

20170207_112443

And I’m a sucker for wrap around porches.

20170207_11584320170207_120715

Sydney woke just in time to nurse and head to some museums. Oh and nursing in the south in public is strange because I think moms usually nurse in rooms. Even though I always cover up, I don’t think I ever saw people nursing, I think it’s considered bad manners or something. But this porch and rocking chair make a fabulous nursing spot.

20170207_120750

Then we headed to the University of Florida…

Harn Museum of Art

20170207_13494720170207_131643

I was so excited to see this piece! I studied El Anatsui in my African Art class at UofA and he was my favorite. His metal art looks like fabric and I love that he does recycled art.

20170207_13023820170207_130224

discarded bottle caps

20170207_130251

Cruising the art museum, there was a lot of exhibits to see.

20170207_13053920170207_13202120170207_13245020170207_133627

Then we headed next door to the Florida Museum of Natural History.

20170207_134949

butterflies

20170207_135305

sea life

20170207_14001120170207_140629

Tired girl, ready to head back to the hotel and see daddy.

20170207_142346

Play pens- one of the best inventions.

20170207_173431

Tonight a company invited Laun and I to dinner. It was amazing food and Laun’s steak was huge. Even Sydney loved the meal. It was nice to meet Mike and Dan. Mike was so cute with Sydney and it was a wonderful evening.

20170207_193919

No comments: