Monday, November 14, 2016

rescheduled

We got to Shriners bright and early for Carter’s surgery. Last night was awful. We had told Carter he was having surgery and going to be in another body cast and I think it gave him PTSD. He was up most the night.

20161114_06385820161114_063914

Caroline, the Child Life Specialist (like Laura Gaynard was for me) came and brought Carter some toys, he especially loved the superhero cars.

20161114_073211

Waiting for the doctors to check out Carter.

20161114_073842

The anesthesiologist listened to him and went over his recent health with us and he thinks we should prolong surgery for at least 3 weeks. I was bummed since both our mothers have already purchased tickets and were lined up to help, but obviously, doing what’s best for Carter is most important.

20161114_075720

We went down to the cafeteria for breakfast and I came to terms with the news. Then we had Sydney’s ultra sound. Her hips are looking good, but she still has to wear the brace 24 hours a day for 2 weeks and then onto 18 hours a day for awhile. I love how she looks at her daddy. This was Laun’s first time at one of her ultrasounds.

20161114_09042520161114_091027

Well, we came home today and Carter didn’t have surgery, so I guess we just get to enjoy time with my mom!

20161114_194232

No comments: