I was glad to have my mom with me, since I needed to take Carter to Primary Children’s hospital in Riverton. He needed some bloodwork done that the Genetic doctor ordered. They think he has GDF5 (Growth/differentiation factor 5), but need to test his blood to confirm. Mutations in this gene include dysplasia and brachydactyly. They wanted him tested over a year ago, but I didn’t want to pay for it, I think it’s around 1000 dollars! But, now that we’ve reached our out of pocket max this year, I said lets do it! I’m sure jamming in the medical stuff, while it’s free. Anyways, Carter did way better getting his blood drawn than I thought he would. I’m so proud of him, he’s really calmed down more with medical things.
There are temples all over Utah, in fact, the Oquirrh (strangest spelling) Temple was right down the street from the hospital and my mom wanted to see it. It’s crazy how accustomed I’ve gotten to seeing temples.
Oquirrh (oak-er)Temple
My mom bought a Gingerbread house to work on with the kids and I love that Carter kept calling it “ginger house”.
It didn’t last long before they started eating it.
I’m loving that my mom is having more time with Sydney.
No comments:
Post a Comment