Clayton and Marlee had their first day of the school year. Porter had an appointment at Shriners, so he missed the first day. I was a little sad to miss the kids leaving for school today, but thankfully Laun was there. He text me this cute picture of Marlee.
Carter had 2 appointments in Salt Lake. The first early in the morning at Primary Children’s hospital for a cat scan of his hips. He had to fast for this one in case he wouldn’t stay still and they had to medicate him, but he did so good and stayed still, so he got to stay awake for the procedure. I was so proud of him and it made the cat scan super fast.
Then we headed to the cafeteria because this boy was hungry. Porter even went and got him more bacon because he loved it. It’s been fun and helpful having Porter with me, especially when I’m feeding Sydney.
Porter got his orthotics back and fitted and then got to go hang out upstairs while we had Carter’s appointment.
Carter got new foot braces and they have superman on them and he also got new shoes that were big enough to fit his new braces. His cat scan results were better than we hoped. The right hip looks good and won’t need to be operated on! The left hip is in, but not as deep as she’d like and the socket needs surgery to fix it and create a better hip. The surgery needs to be anytime between October- December. I think I’m going to leave October alone, so he can enjoy Halloween. We will plan on November.
He was cracking me up with all his funny faces he was making in the mirror, this reminds me so much of Porter.
And he must be pretty happy about his new braces and shoes, look at that grin!
He seems to have let go of all his nerves when he comes here. He did everything with no fear today. I thought him getting his height taken was adorable. How’d we ever live without this kid!
Porter was a huge help today and I’m so glad he came. A kid wanted him to help him with the Wii, so he showed the boy and his mother how it worked and she was so thankful. I loved seeing him play with the kid and another patient, who he even exchanged phone numbers with. I sure love this kid of mine. On the way home we stopped by some stores for him, but the littles were sleeping, so he ran in with my card and did his own shopping. It’s so fun having older kids.
Cute superman braces…
No comments:
Post a Comment