My sister Laura and her family headed home today; I’m so glad they came! I wish we lived close. I love this sister of mine, she’s one of my best friends. Not the best picture, but I had to get one of us before she left.
The ultra sound tech wasn’t at Shriner’s today, so we had to take Sydney to Primary Children’s (luckily the hospitals are only like 5 minutes apart). Sydney did great for the ultra sound and she sure is cute checking out her hip pics.
We had time to kill before going to Shriners, so we tried out a new place for lunch called Hires Big H and it was amazing.
Porter teaching Carter to dip fries in ice cream, a family favorite. I got a hamburger, Porter got a BLT and we shared fries and a shake and it was all so good.
Then we headed to Shriners. It’s a good thing we like this place and the people so much, because we’ve spent a decent amount of time there.
Carter was such a champ today and I’m so proud of him. He got his x-rays taken with no crying at all and looked adorable doing it.
We met with Dr. Woiczik for 3 of my kiddos…Porter, Carter and Sydney.
Welcome to Shriners Sydney, I’m sure you’ll be here a lot.
Sydney’s results: So far her hips are in the normal range, but on the low side. The good news is that her hips are in, but they’d like to see her every month for an ultra sound. (We did the same thing with Marlee as a baby and she ended up being fine- hoping for the same).
Carter’s results: The Doctor is worried that maybe his left hip is in, but sliding out sometimes. She’s also wondering if his right hip is ok, so we need to get a cat scan to get a better idea. And he got a referral for new foot braces, since he's out grown his other ones. Again, he handled it like a champ. He sat still during his casting in order to make him custom foot braces. To top it all off we picked superman to go on the plastic of his braces, I’m excited to see them finished.
The casted molds and the cutest 2 year old ever!!
Porter’s results: He just needed a referral for new orthotics, shoe inserts. He hasn’t had new ones for years, since we’ve moved from Tucson. He got his first orthotics as a very young child right here at Shriners. It’s cool to be back at the same place. On a side note, Porter went through some huge health issues as a baby (weight loss, tons of tests and searching for answers, tube feeding and drinking only EO28 for 2 years), so it feels great to be at the doctor for only orthotics. Plus, they have this new cool machine they use to make them, fast and easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment