Today I got to see and hear Stephanie Nielson “Nie Nie” speak at UVU.
She gave a message that I needed to hear. I’ve been grumpy lately and hearing her story and how she decided to choose happiness was so inspiring.
Some of the notes I took:
-desire to be strong and happy
-happiness is your choice and you can look at life that way
-have faith in family
-we don’t have time to criticize others
-choose to see and feel joy
-your life could be so much worse, look for the good and grateful for who you are and what you have
-take what you have and just keep going
-you were born with all the tools you need to be a good mother
-your bodies are amazing and can do great things
-there are strength and lessons in your trials
-don’t look back, look forward
-you can do hard things
-support and love each other and sympathize with others
And then she waved goodbye!
Carter was babysat while I was at the speech by a mom in the ward. There’s a group of moms in our ward that do a babysitting trade off. You all start with 20 popsicle sticks and each stick is worth 30 minutes of babysitting for 1 child. So I gave the lady who watched Carter 6 popsicle sticks, since she had him for almost 3 hours. And then when I babysit for someone they give me popsicle sticks. We have a google calendar that is marked babysitiing co-op and we sign up for times we can babysit and if there’s a time you need where no one is signed up you can send out an email asking if anyone is available for the time you wanting. I’m loving it and it’s good for Carter because he’s hardly ever babysat and gets him used to other people. Plus, even though Laun and Clayton help out a lot with Carter, they aren’t around during the day when I want to go to stuff like this.
I took the kids swimming tonight at the neighborhood pool, because it’s starting to feel like fall and I wanted to go before it get’s too cold.
No comments:
Post a Comment