Today was one of those days where I thought, “How do single parents do it?” I have so much respect for single parents and all the burden they carry, they are amazing. So many days Laun and I are both so busy in order to get it all done. I don’t know how I’d do it without him.
The boys are going on campouts tonight, so I made one of my favorite recipes, Jumbo Chocolate Chip cookies for them to take. Then I gave some away, because the less cookies in the house the better or I won’t stop eating them until they are gone!
As the cookies were baking, I worked on my lesson for this Sunday. I got called as a Relief Society teacher (first time I’ve had this calling) and I will teach every 4th Sunday and I get to cover general conference talks, which I’m excited about, since I have such a love for conference.
Laun was busy shopping and packing for the camping trip. He got called as a YM leader and I’m excited that he’ll be with Clayton on Sundays, mutual and campouts. Carter is pretty sure he should be going with Daddy, too.
Porter has a campout with the scouts in Mapleton. He has a lot of stuff to carry, but at least his leader lives just across the street, where they are meeting up.
Since, half the family was gone, I figured I better find something fun for the kids to do. We headed to the Riverwoods shopping area in Provo for the pumpkin parade.
Carter was an elephant, which almost makes me emotional, since all our kids (except Cooper) have worn this costume. Laun and I have successfully made another cute elephant.
Sometimes Marlee makes the weirdest faces.
My happy elephant and UofA cheerleader.
Cinderella & Marlee
Marlee roping and doing the bean bag toss.
This shopping area is so pretty. I love all the lights that are always strung across, I want lights like that in my backyard someday.
The kids went trick or treating to the different shops and then we went on a hay ride.
It was a fun evening with the kids. Then we went home and Carter stayed very entertained with all the games. He was making a mess, but was so happy. I should’ve gotten the games out of storage a long time ago!
Marlee was excited to wear make up tonight, I let her when she dresses up for Halloween.
Marlee and Carter share a room, since Marlee thought it was totally unfair that she had her own room and her big brothers got to share a room. Someday she might realize how silly that sounds. She waited until Carter fell asleep and then came and slept in my bed since Laun was on a campout.
No comments:
Post a Comment