Sunday, December 14, 2014

let it snow

Carter discovered the ornaments this morning. There’s a reason why the non-breakables are placed lower on the tree.

IMG_0197

Having a child is like rediscovering the world all over again. I’m lucky enough to have rediscovered my world 5 times now through the eyes of my children. Today’s discovery: snow.

IMG_0198IMG_0200IMG_0203

I love his hair sprinkled with snow.

IMG_0207

The big kids built a snowman.

Raggles looks like a statue standing by Mr. Snowman.

IMG_0209

I’m pretty sure she thinks she’s a guard dog.

IMG_0210IMG_0216IMG_0220IMG_0221IMG_0223IMG_0225IMG_0226IMG_0227

Then we went on a drive through winter wonderland.

IMG_0238IMG_0240

I love seeing animals out in the wild.

Turkeys:

IMG_0242IMG_0245IMG_0250

Look up, Porter’s chasing the turkeys and they are flying through the air.  

IMG_0252IMG_0259

Laun has this magical thing, where his eyes tell you he loves you. He doesn’t even have to say it, it’s written all over his face. Laun loves his family something fierce.

I love these pictures of him and Carter, because his face is telling you how much he loves that baby boy of his.

IMG_0271IMG_0272IMG_0273IMG_0323

Everyone did some sledding , except for me, I need a little more time to heal from my hip replacement.

IMG_0266

Clayton- at one point he landed right in a puddle of water and it was cold. He was still happy, so you know he was having a good time.

IMG_0288

Porter- it’s too bad you can never get a good facial expression from the kid (NOT). He makes the funniest faces.

IMG_0316

Marlee- She wants to keep right up with her brothers. Laun’s running over to catch her when she reaches the bottom of the hill, since we were right near a road.

IMG_0341IMG_0290IMG_0297IMG_0324

Even Carter had a turn…he pretty much had zero reaction, unlike Laun in this picture.

IMG_0331

We are far from perfect parents. In fact, we have a lot to change and improve, but one things for sure…we love our kids and we always will.

IMG_0344IMG_0348

The drive home was beautiful.

IMG_0364

Oh what a wonderful world…

IMG_0365

I spot a deer!

IMG_0369IMG_0372IMG_0376IMG_0382IMG_0384

No comments: