Tuesday, December 16, 2014

it’s a hip day

Carter had another procedure today (under anesthesia) and I had a doctor appointment. I was actually suppose to fly out to Arizona, instead of drive, but I got really sick. So poor Laun drove yet again from Utah to Arizona, just to get Carter in. Thankfully, my sister Rachel came out to Utah to babysit for me, so we just left the older kids home with her, while we went to Arizona.

I still felt a little under the weather this morning, so Laun graciously let me sleep in, while he walked Carter over to the hospital across the street for his cast change.

Launs phone 361Launs phone 366

Poor Carter…no eating again, since he’s going under anesthesia. Today Dr. Vincent is pulling the pin out that has been in for 2 weeks and then recasting Carter. Carter has seemed pretty uncomfortable with that pin in, so I’m thankful it is coming out. Now we just hope that his hip stays in the correct position.

Launs phone 368

 

While Laun and Carter were at the hospital I went to my appointment. Oh the irony, Carter is getting his left hip fixed today, while I am seeing how my new left hip is doing…poor kid got my hip genes.

This is what my hips looked like at my appointment on July 22nd, before my left hip got replaced (that circle floating around by my left hip is a metal washer, that used to be on one of my screws):

cat phone 019

This is what my hips looked like on November 13th, just 2 weeks after I got my left hip replaced (as you can see my pelvis is still way crooked, but hey at least my hip is in a socket now, instead of sticking out so far):

cat phone 1387

And I’m happy to say that today’s x-ray looks quite a bit better. My stand is getting better, my leg length is slowly getting more even and my pelvis isn’t so crooked):

cat phone 1646

 

When I headed back to the hotel I was greeted from the balcony by Laun and Carter. The hotel was great, the breakfast was good and they gave us a discount since Carter was a hospital patient.

cat phone 1650

Carter’s in a red cast again, because I thought that would be fun for Christmas. We then headed to Toyota and got the truck maintenance done. While they were working on it we went to Jason’s Deli for lunch, which we really liked and wished we had known about while we lived in Tucson!  Carter ate like crazy, you would think the kid hadn’t eaten all day or something;)

cat phone 1651

On the drive home we took a little break, love this picture of Laun and Carter in the desert, that I actually miss.

cat phone 1652

We went on a dirt road a bit, since Carter needed to take the wheel and help his dad drive. I love that Laun has done this with all of our kids.

cat phone 1653cat phone 1654

We got home crazy late, but we made it. Thank heavens Rachel was here to watch our older kids while we were gone. Again, I’m so grateful for all the help we’ve received.

No comments: