Thursday, August 7, 2014

First Day of the 2014-2015 school year!

Marlee- Kindergarten half day at Manzanita Elementary School

045046

Porter- 6th grade, Orange Grove Middle School

050048

Clayton- 7th grade, Orange Grove Middle School

057055

I can’t believe all these three will be in school and just Carter will be home with me.

058062

They had to get a picture with their favorite sibling…Carter.

064

He’s too cool for school.

066

I’m pretty sure I’ll tear up when I leave her in the classroom today. She’s been my at home buddy now since she was born! Porter was half way through preschool when this princess  came along.

068069

And I’ll feel like crying when this kiddo walks into school, too. He’s going to be in Junior High! My 10 year old! The Middle School here is from 6th to 8th grade. That’s the hard thing about him skipping 1st grade is that he starts middle school a year earlier.

071

At least Porter is lucky that he’ll have his awesome big brother with him as he starts Junior High, I’m so thankful for that. Clayton will want me to point out that he’s passing his mom in height.

076

We headed out the door early, so we could go out for our traditional breakfast on the first day of school.

679680

We went to AJ’s for breakfast…

683682686

This is what Carter did while we ate…I love how he shoves his foot in the toy ring.

685

This is a happy group!

690692

The boys headed out- I don’t know what I would do if Porter didn’t have Clayton today.

693

Cutest little kindergartener you ever did see!

698699703

Marlee is in Mrs. Pawloski’s class, it’s the only half day teacher.

704

I’m not going to let her see me tear up:)

707

Her buddy Jack from the ward is in her class, I’m just thankful she knows someone.

709

lining up…

714

Finding their name tags…

715

And the school day has begun!

716

And I got to go home and enjoy this little man- all to myself.

718722

The kids all seem to come home happy, so I guess the first day was a success. Marlee’s pretty bugged that she can’t ride the bus though (we are open enrollment, so she can’t).

No comments: