I feel so blessed. Not only did my sister Laura throw me a baby shower in Glendale, but my friend Jen threw me one in Tucson. Even though this is my 5th baby, I haven’t had a baby in over 5 years and all I have left is a play pen, so I was so thankful for the showers.
Here are the cute invitations that Jen made:
Jen and I
Sadly, that is the only picture I have of the whole shower today. And everything was decorated so cute, the food was amazing and the turn out was awesome. I have a good excuse though that this is the only picture. Last night I got maybe two hours of sleep. I had so many contractions, at one point I got up and showered to head to the hospital, but then my contractions would stop. This went on all night. I would think I was in full labor and then finally the contractions would die down and I would fall asleep for 10 minutes, only to be woken up again with pain. I tried my best to get through them and not go to the hospital because I did not want to miss my baby shower that Jen worked so hard on. As I drove the short distance to Jen’s house I had several contractions. I came into her house and literally sat down for the whole baby shower, so the contractions would hopefully quit and I could make it through. Well, I did make it through the whole shower and had a great time seeing so many friends. I also got so many wonderful presents for our little guy. One of the gifts included this amazing diaper bag:
Laun came when the shower was over and helped load up all the gifts. We went home where I put all the gifts away and then went on a walk. When I got back to the house I grabbed my hospital bag and headed out. I still have 2 weeks left till my due date, but I had so much pressure I was worried my water was going to break. And if my water breaks I have a baby pretty quickly, so I wanted my epidural and I wanted to have the baby in the hospital and not at home:) Andy and Elizabeth will watch our kiddos tonight, so glad they are near by.
No comments:
Post a Comment