Marlee took Princess Fun Dips into preschool yesterday for Valentines.
While Porter was at Scouts I whipped out these Valentines:
And since Clayton is in Junior High they don’t bring in Valentines anymore:( I guess they are too mature for that.
Marlee helped me heart attack all of the bedroom doors today:
I wrote down some things that I love about everyone and Marlee added some of her own hearts.
Laun’s hearts:
I was making my traditional sugar cookies for Valentines, but I was having some contractions, so I asked Laun if he’d take the next batch of cookies out of the oven. Awhile later Laun hollers at me from working outside and told me he forgot to get the cookies out of the oven, so I rush into the kitchen expecting to find burnt cookies, but instead I find wooden hearts in the oven. The hearts all say things that Laun and the kids love about me. I guess Laun didn’t want me to be left out since I put hearts on everyone's doors, he made hearts for me, too. I sure do love this guy. He is so sweet and I love when he surprises me.
My contractions were so bad tonight I didn’t know how I was going to get done the fondue meal and sugar cookies, but thanks to everyone’s help, we did it.
I hope my kiddos feel loved. I fought through contractions while decorating their cookies. Traditions are so important to me and I know when the baby comes I will be very busy for awhile. I just wanted to celebrate this holiday with them. I’m glad the baby cooperated and stayed in. I have a little over 2 weeks left, but I think this baby will come early, so I was happy to spend Valentines at home with my kids.
Just think, next year I will have another big heart cookie to make.
No comments:
Post a Comment