Sunday, February 16, 2014

He’s here….2 weeks early

Baby Boy Hall was born today at 2:43 AM and weighed in at 6 pounds 8 ounces and was 19 inches long. He’s smaller than I thought he would be, but pretty good size for coming two weeks early. He didn’t take long to come. The doctor broke my water around 1am and I pushed about 10 minutes and he was here.

Our friend Cherise Glauser came to the hospital in the early morning and took pictures and I’m so happy we chose to do this. I will treasure these sweet pictures forever. We LOVE these pictures that Cherise took:

Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 250Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 246

Laun’s so excited, he can hardly wait to see that baby boy.

Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 243Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 237

Dr. Moreno was very happy to deliver our baby. She was there almost 7 years ago when Cooper was born. We have a closeness that I am so thankful for.

Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 227

I am always amazed at the overwhelming and instant love I have for all my babies.

Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 211

Laun cut the umbilical cord.

Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 208

Something that really stands out to me in all these pictures is the expressions on Laun’s face. You can just see how much he loves that baby already and how much he loves me. I’m so thankful to have him as a husband and feel blessed to have him as the daddy of our children.

Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 205Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 197

The babies hands are similar to Porter’s, except for his fingers are a little longer. Oh how we love those cute Turley hands. Two out of our four boys have Turley hands.

Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 196Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 195

This little guy is surrounded by love.

Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 185Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 183Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 181Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 180

Weighing in at 6’8.

Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 173Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 162Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 153

Cutest feet- he’s also got short little sausage toes like Porter:)

Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 159

-measurements-

Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 150Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 148

I love how when he grasps Laun’s finger he tries looking up at him.

Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 145Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 144

This boy is going to get plenty of kisses.

Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 135Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 131Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 125Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 126Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 116

I love Dr. Moreno. She was so happy to be part of a happy and healthy birth. When she was there for Cooper’s birth 7 years ago (she was in the room but didn’t perform the C-section) it was a different mood for sure. He was whisked away to a team of doctors and not breathing for a bit. She told me she needed this. I think it meant a lot to her to be part of this moment. Marlee came after Cooper, but we lived in Utah when she was born. I am so thankful for this amazing doctor who cares so much for her patients.

Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 112Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 110Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 117

Funny thing, my nurse Jennifer is Zane's mom from Clayton’s soccer team. She had to ask me if I was ok with her being my nurse since she knew me. I was actually really excited that she was my nurse.

Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 115

A Daddy’s love:

Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 103Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 104

Seriously, Laun’s face just says pure joy. I love that man.

Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 098Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 094Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 088Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 087

What an amazing feeling to look into a newborns eyes. I’m so happy to be his mamma.

Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 077Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 078Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 083

We feel so blessed that he is healthy and well. I hope he knows how much his Mom and Dad love him.

Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 085Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 075Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 067Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 057Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 059Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 052Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 051Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 035Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 027Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 024Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 021Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 016Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 011Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 008Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 006Carter Mike birth pics by Cherise 004

We love you Hall baby number 5! Now we have to find out what name suits this little guy.

1 comment:

Heather Williams said...

I love all these birth and post-birth photos of Carter!