Tuesday, February 4, 2014

fun day with Marlee

Pretty soon Marlee won’t be the youngest anymore. I have mixed emotions about this, as I’m sure she does, too. So today we had a special day together, since the baby will be coming soon and life will have many changes, I just wanted to spend quality, un-rushed time with her.

I picked her up from preschool and we headed to Wendy’s for lunch where we met up with Laun.

cat iphone pics 062

Then I took her to the mall to the Build-a-Bear store to use the gift cards Kami gave us. Kami gave us 2 cards, one for Marlee to make a bear for herself and the other for her to make a bear for her baby brother that will be here soon. I thought this was such a sweet idea. Kami is so thoughtful.

Marlee picked out the two bears and then she got to help stuff them by stepping on the pump.

cat iphone pics 065

She’s having a great chat with the lady who’s helping stuff the bears, you know about princesses and stuff:)

cat iphone pics 067

Then she put a heart in each of the bears.

cat iphone pics 068

Then she got to clean off the bears. Kids love this stuff.

cat iphone pics 071

She’s was super excited about her pink princess bear and to give the brown bear to her baby brother soon! She’s going to be a great big sister.

cat iphone pics 075

Then I took her to the Disney store. She got to pick out a doll because guess what…Marlee no longer sucks her thumb!!!! All the dolls from the movie Frozen were fresh out, so she picked Pocahontas. I told her we could come back for the Frozen doll, but she wanted a doll today. I’m so proud of her for earning this doll, it wasn’t easy for her, but she did it.

cat iphone pics 078cat iphone pics 080

Time to go get brothers from school with her new treasures in hand.

cat iphone pics 081

I love my baby girl.

cat iphone pics 084cat iphone pics 085

She told me several times how fun it was to hang out with just me. I feel pretty blessed to be her mom.  She crashed tonight with her new bear by her side.

cat iphone pics 086

No comments: