Wednesday
Laun’s helping with the Western Dairy Management Conference in Reno, Nevada this week, so I’m tagging along & my parents are watching our kids. At the airport my metal hip set off the alarm, so I got a pat down. Let me tell you, that pat down is a little too personal & lucky me I get another one on the way home.
In case you can’t tell I had a window seat on the airplane.
The view from our hotel room.
My sister’s Martha & Laura came (with their little one’s) to Reno. We all went out for some Indian food. The food was good & there was lots of it.
I was so happy to hold Kenley Pearl!
Then Martha took us to this cool store called SCHELL’s. It is sort of like Cabelas, but with a lot more sport stuff. They have a cool fish tank- Clayton would have loved it.
They also have a ferris wheel in the middle of the store, my kids really would have loved that. And they have a mini bowling alley upstairs, which Gavin loved. We picked up some super bouncy balls for the kiddos.
Thursday
The hotel pool was pretty sweet. Speaking of sweet, just look at baby Kenley- love her!
There was 1 large pool, 6 little pools (bathtub size), a Jacuzzi & a water fountain.
Gavin had such a blast & loved playing in the water fall.
After swimming we went out for lunch & then to visit Martha’s parents at their home. Then we hung out at her Brother’s house for awhile & Martha curled my hair (it actually stayed curled-miracle, now I know the trick).
That night we all went out for some Mexican food.
Afterwards we hung out at our hotel & chatted.
Friday
Julie, Sunthorn’s boss & Laun
While Laun was finishing up helping with the conference we went & visited Martha’s friend, who just so happens to know Laun’s Grandma Black- small world.
I love this picture of Kenley & I.
Cute Gavin
Then we picked up Laun & headed to lunch.
Laun got Gavin some jellybeans- no wonder kids love him (although Kenley wasn’t too keen on him).
BBQ
I loved sitting in the back seat of the van because Kenley’s car seat faced me. I got to watch her smile, clap or pull her hair stuff off:)
Before we headed to the airport we stopped to see the Reno Temple. I love the snow on the mountains.
Then Martha dropped us off at the airport. We had around 5 hours until our flight left, so we walked, ate dinner, sat in massage chairs, talked, surfed the internet, etc. It was nice to talk with just the two of us & no kids interrupting. Although I am really excited to see the kids. I got a window seat again on the airplane. I loved the night-lights view.
My Dad picked us up at the airport around 10pm, so our kids were already asleep. They’ll be excited when they wake up.
Saturday
We gave the kids their trip gifts: a water bottle, mini flashlight & super bouncy ball.
To thank my parents we took them to one of our favorite places for lunch, Japan Express.
Best teriyaki chicken ever!
After lunch we took the kids to pick out gifts for their grandparents to say thanks. Clayton picked dehydrated ice cream (my kids love the stuff), Porter a lime/lemon squeezer & Marlee a “pan fry egg” (a skillet). The kids were each so excited to give them the gifts they picked out. Laun & I also got them some gifts to say thanks. We are so thankful they babysat so that I could join Laun on this trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment