Saturday, March 23, 2013

Porter’s 9th birthday party

Porter’s birthday was last Tuesday, which we celebrated then, but today was his party with friends. 

He had Carlo & Jacob over. We had pizza & pop for lunch.

bday celebrartes 086

Jacob gave Porter a remote control truck (perfect gift for him) & Carlo gave him an army man set. He was pretty happy about it.

bday celebrartes 092

Porter wanted to go to Redington Pass. The boys had a great time hiking & swimming. I had a great time, too…easiest birthday party ever. No invitations to hand out, no goodie bags, nothing expensive (just the gasoline to get there), no prep- awesome Just enjoying the outdoors & beautiful weather.

054

Marlee’s only 4, but I bet she can beat your trash at hiking:)

056057

062

Of course Raggles was invited too.

065067

Laun & the pile of kids beat us in. They were already swimming when we arrived.

There’s Lucy, Darleen & I hiking in:

068

The boys were in heaven.

069070071072073

girl talk

076

Laun caught some fish with his bare hands. I find that sexy, seriously (Laun’s skills, not the fish).

077

Marlee might be a girly girl, but she will not pas up holding some fish.

079

108

104105

Glad to spend time with our family.

086111

I love Marlee’s hair today. Thanks Pinterest for the idea. Is it sad that even Marlee is a Pinterest fan at age four?

092

Helicopters flying over.

094

Marlee love’s the cattail plant.

095

The boys are looking for more fish to catch.

100112115118119

I brought some of my Jumbo Chocolate Chip cookies, which got pretty crumbled on the hike in.

121122

Marlee grabbed a cookie & laid in the sun to dry. What a great life.

123

 

When we got home Aunt Darleen taught Porter how to play croquet. We were excited to find this croquet set at a recent yard sale.

bday celebrartes 095

bday celebrartes 097

Porter had such a great day. We love you buddy! I still can’t believe you’re nine years old!!!

1 comment:

Heather Williams said...

Looks like a fun hike. And you missed the worst part of parties... I don't like doing the invitations, goodie bags,... all that stuff either.