This week was my turn to host preschool & the theme was Easter. Clayton & Porter were such a huge help with it as always.
The kids practiced writing their names:
We made rabbits that were hiding behind grass (the kids handprints):
Brigden insisted on cutting out Marlee’s handprints for her, so cute:)
We decorated eggs:
They had an Easter egg hunt (Clayton & Porter hid the eggs):
Clayton showed the kids a real nest in our front tree:
We made bunnies out of toilet paper rolls (I always seem to do some craft with toilet paper rolls, thank you Pinterest):
We talked about the real meaning of Easter. I have this bag which holds 12 plastic eggs. In each egg there is something that represents the meaning of Easter, such as a sacrament cup, red hot candies (representing Jesus bleeding from every pore), a nail (Jesus nailed to the cross), etc. I was amazed at how well the preschool kids listened. We talked about the tomb & Jesus being resurrected & then the kids colored Jesus in a tomb resurrected (another project I got off Pinterest). Marlee colored Jesus pink:)
I am overwhelmed by all that Jesus has done for me & everyone. I am thankful for this Easter season to reflect on his sacrifice & love for us all.
No comments:
Post a Comment