Today is Porter’s 9th birthday- crazy!
The tradition continues…the birthday kid gets to pour their milk from a cream cow. Porter picked out this cream cow out of around 30 cream cows now.
Porter imitating the cream cow.
He chose crepes for his birthday breakfast, which we love, but this is usually what all the kids pick. I think we need to change it up a little:)
Porter picked Red Lobster for his lunch with dad & requested that the whole family come.
I love this picture of the boys, so sweet.
shrimp alfredo
The kids loved touching the lobsters.
The boys had fun flying their kite from the neighbors.
Marlee just walked the dog…she walks the dog in the backyard almost everyday.
For dinner Porter wanted me to make orange chicken & grilled pineapple.
We had our neighbor Carlo over.
For his birthday cake he requested Spumoni.
As I frosted the cake Porter sampled the frosting.
Spumoni cake: layers of chocolate cake with chocolate, raspberry, hazelnut & coconut frosting layers, all covered in chocolate frosting.
I think Raggles wants to come in & eat:)
present time
This boy has the best facial expressions ever.
He got a knife from Marlee, a football from Clayton & a cat from us (which we pick up tomorrow after its surgery). The cat was a surprise until Marlee spilled the beans at lunch time. She turned to Porter & said, “We got you a cat for your birthday, but you can’t have it today. First it has to have surgery.” Thank you Marlee.
Uncle Jonathan took Porter to the store tonight & let Porter pick out a present. It pretty much made Porter's day. He got a nerf vortex diatron gun (whatever that means), it has 2 barrels & shoots out discs.
Richard & Martha’s kids sent Porter some birthday cards in the mail. He was excited & really liked Ben’s deer card & that Mabel’s said, “Dude, it’s your birthday.”
He’s $40 bucks richer today, my parents & Lucy both got him $20 for his birthday. He thinks he’s going to use it towards his upcoming gun purchase.
Porter is such a great addition to our family. We love you Porter!!!
I want to start a tradition of saying some things I love about my kids on their birthday’s, so here goes…
9 things I love about Porter:
1- his grin (it is huge) & facial expressions
2- he’ll tell me anything (he’ll even tattle on himself)
3- he’s super athletic
4- he works hard & plays hard
5- he’s pretty much a genius
6- his cute hands
7- his passion for life
8- he’s a great story teller
9-his sense of humor & his crazy laugh
No comments:
Post a Comment