Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Porter brought home this lima bean from school & it has been growing in a bag on the kitchen windowsill. Laun & I noticed that it needed to be planted pronto, so it went in the planter box with the strawberries.


Marlee has been melting me with her girlyness. She sat down today with her doll & was reading to it. It is so sweet to see her being "motherly". She follows my example so much more then I realize-hmmmm...maybe that is why she yells so much:)


For fhe last night we bought the food for our 72 hr. kits. Every 6 months we switch out any food that is expired & replace it-we can remember easily because we do it around General Conference weekend. It just makes me feel more at ease if an emergency were to happen. Plus the kids love it because twice a year they get to enjoy all the food, like candy bars, poptarts, & other snacks that we don't normally buy.


There are only 4 backpacks because I have not boughten one for Marlee yet. Everyones backpack has clothes, matches, water, and food. Laun is the lucky one that gets to carry the extras like toilet paper & Marlee's stuff for now. A friend gave me the idea to store your 72 hr. kits in backpacks & to add stuff besides just food & water.

Porter had an endrocrinologist dr appt this afternoon & lets just say that Marlee does not have good dr office behavior. The dr appt took way longer then I thought so, we just got pizza for dinner on the way home. As we went to the car with our dinner we got rained on. The kids were so happy & ran outside to play in the rain once we got home. Although we didn't have as exciting weather as Phoenix, they got a crazy hail storm.

The boys were playing some sort of tag game & if it wasn't for scouts tonight, I'm not sure Clayton would have ever come inside.

Laun went outside to move the car & this is how wet he got:


Clayton is loving scouts & only wishes it was every night instead of just once a week.
I like scout nights too because I put Marlee straight to bed, watch biggest loser with Porter, & work on home work.

2 comments:

Manders said...

Don't feel bad we are right near town and didn't get any action from the storm (which I am thankful for! don't need broken windows or dents in my car)! Love the pictures of your kids playing in the rain!

Alli said...

Our Cub Scout thinks it is the most bestest ever too. I hear tales of dodgeball battles mostly. I like your blog, you are a cutie pie.