Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Is it friday yet?

This week has started off crazy and busy and it is only Tuesday!

Sunday was the ward primary program and it is usually my favorite meeting all year long.
But now that I'm the primary president I was looking more forward for the meeting to get over with this year-horrible, I know. Even though my first counselor did all the hard work, I was still stressing. I had 3 nightmares about the upcoming primary program and was so worried about how it would all pan out. When Sunday rolled around everything went better than I could have asked for. The kids all did awesome and it was really neat because we had them write their own parts for the program, which made it much more personal. This experience made me realize how much hard work and planning is involved in a primary program.

Then on Monday the UMC ER doctor called me and told me that I needed to come back into the ER (I went in last Friday very early in the morning complaining of stabbing back pain and shortness of breath but, they told me it was muscle tension and sent me home). The doctor said that I was sent home without some testing done and that he noticed from the x-ray that my pulmonary artery was bigger than average. So I hurried back in (this time I was smart and brought my laptop and did homework) and the doctor met me at the front and apologized and let me know that he was worried about a blood clot . So shortly after that I was lying in a hospital bed with an iv and I had an EKG, blood work, cat scan, etc. They were monitoring my heart and a nurse told me that they were checking for a heart attack or blood clot. So I asked her if I should be freaking out because I felt pretty calm, and she agreed that I was unusually calm. So, to wrap up my long story, they found out from the cat scan that my pulmonary artery and my right atria of my heart are larger than average. So now I have to go and get an echo cardiogram to see if I have pulmonary artery hypertension. And they also found out that I have pneumonia and that is what was causing my stabbing back pain and shortness of breath. Maybe having pneumonia was a blessing in disguise because we ended up finding out this heart issue. I am curious to see what the heart results are but, then again I always knew that I had a BIG heart:)

Today I am tired from my lack of sleep. Laun was out of town on a trip with the boys this past weekend and I don't usually sleep well when he is gone anyways. And with two recent ER visits I am behind on sleep but, at least I had plenty of time to do my homework and I am now on an antibiotic for the pneumonia so, I should be feeling great soon.

6 comments:

Manders said...

Catherine I am so sorry! ER visits are never fun and always seem to take forever! I will be praying for you and yes you DO have a big heart... lets hope medically it is an okay thing too. Love ya!

Norris Family said...

Oh Cat hugs and love from Logan. I hope all is well. Keep us updated. Too bad we dont live in the same place we could have chilled together in the hospital, I was there all weekend as well.

Alli said...

Yikes! I hope everything turns out well - I'm glad you got pneumonia :) Keep us posted!

Krause Crew said...

I hope a good update follows this. You are in my prayers and I love you.

Sheila and Mario said...

My goodness Cat! No fun at all! I agree with Jules that I hope good news follows this post and you are in our prayers. hugs!

Gates Family said...

OH my goodness. How Scary! Hope you are feeling better!!