Thursday, March 29, 2007

Today was a great day…a day I will never forget!

I can’t believe how much Cooper’s swelling has gone down! He has the blue lights off him now!

DSC00239

 

Awwww… the little buddy got his right arm up where he likes it, near his face. Even with that big iv on his arm. I love how skinny & wrinkly his legs are looking all stretched out.

DSC00240

 

I got to hold Cooper for the first time ever today! I can’t believe he is over a week old & I finally can hold my baby. It takes  a lot to get him from his bed to my lap. There are cords everywhere that you have to be so careful with.

DSC00241

 

He looks like he is smiling. It does our hearts good to finally be close.

DSC00242

 

I got to hold him for a whole hour!!! I love Cooper so much.

DSC00243

 

After we got Cooper all situated in his bed again, he OPENED HIS EYES for the first time in his life!!!! He opened his right eye first & then finally his left eye, too. It seemed like it was such hard work for him. I was so excited, especially since I was there & saw his eyes with my very own eyes. I recorded it on video for Laun & the boys to see. Thank goodness we got a digital camera that has video on it! I wish Laun could have been there, but at least it is recorded.

DSC00245

 

I got so close to his face so that he could see me & I talked & talked to him. I was soooo happy! It was one of the happiest moments in my life to see Cooper with his eyes opened. What a beautiful baby boy he is. He reminded me of Grandpa Mecham with his eyes opened. I am so happy that he opened his eyes while I was there! I am so glad that he saw his mommy who loves him.

DSC00246

 

What an exciting day with my Cooper.

DSC00247

I hate saying goodbye to him everyday as I get ready to leave the hospital & go home.

Porter had his sports class today & he is sure cute when he runs. Clayton is still going to preschool. I am trying to make life seem semi normal for the boys, but it is hard.

Holding my baby & looking into his eyes really helped me today, I needed that. I hope Cooper really just wanted to see his mom so much, that he had to open his eyes…no matter how hard it was for him to open them.

No comments: