Thursday, March 15, 2007
Doctors visit-unexpected news
I went to my doctor today for a regular checkup & when they checked our baby boy's heartbeat they found that it was way too fast. His heartbeat was 220-240 & usually it should be around 120-160. So they took me over to labor & delivery so they can run some tests. I had the boys with me at my appointment & I could see the worry on Clayton's face. Laun was there shortly to pick up the boys. They did some ultra sounds & found that our baby has retained some fluid in the abdomen area, around the intestines, which is not good. This indicates that he is stressed by his fast heartbeat. They give babies a score based on different things and our boy got a 6- anything lower than a 6 they deliver the baby. So things are worse than I imagined. They are going to hospitalize me & give me steroids to help the baby's lungs develop in case the baby has to come early. They are also giving me medicine to lower the babies heartbeat. His heartbeat has been high all day. Lucy came to Tucson to help out with our boys, thank heavens for family. Tonight Laun, the boys, & Lucy came to visit me at UMC. Porter misses me so much-so sweet. The crazy thing about this is that I have been telling Laun throughout my pregnancy that I feel that this baby will come early, maybe I was being prepared for what is to come, who knows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment