I’m not sure what’s going on with me lately, but for the last several days I’ve cried and cried. It’s like I’m a faucet and anything sets me off. Not sure if my pregnancy hormones are going nuts or what? Anyways, I was still emotional at church, but I felt renewed by the time I got home. I love Sunday’s because we have lots of family time. I like sitting with my fmaily during sacrament (when Carter actually behaves and stays in the chapel, but he usually has to have Laun take him out each week) and watching my boys pass the sacrament or sit on the stand when it’s their week to help. Porter got to hold the microphone for one of his young men leaders as they blessed their baby. The baby blessing made me even more excited that we will have a baby here in 10 weeks for Laun to bless! I thought of how impressed I was with my boys and what great examples they are to me. They left with Laun for a meeting before church, then passed the sacrament, and after church they collected fast offerings and then after dinner they went back to the church for the youth stake choir (they will perform at stake conference in June). What great service. And Marlee has already at the age of 7 gotten up to bear her testimony, not this fast Sunday, but in a past one. And she even fasted until 10:30am, which I find impressive. And Carter tries to sing a long to the hymns during sacrament meeting and whispers during the prayers and folds his arms (that’s how he says prayers. And now loves going to nursery. What great examples my children are to me. And Laun has been so great getting the boys on time to pass the sacrament and attending meetings with them. I love that he’s in young men's with them. And how he talks to our kids quietly during the sacrament and teaches them. I think I have taken this all for granite. I think I’ve stressed about getting out the door on time for church and keeping the kids reverent and not really enjoying the sacrament and the day meant to remember Jesus and spend with my family. I also love that Laun almost always makes Sunday dinner. He usually has a yummy roast meal in the crockpot before church and we come home to a house of good smells. And then he makes the best lemonade. At night we often have popcorn and I make a dessert and we relax. I love that we are home and Laun doesn’t have to work and we don’t run errands or go to ball games. We just go to church and spend time together as a family. It’s like this renewal each week. I really want to be better at delighting in the Sabbath day. I also got ready in time to walk to church (it’s only down the street) and I love the spring time here.
I had to take a prego picture today. I’m 30 weeks tomorrow! I’ve got 10 weeks left which feels short and long all at once. I’ve never been this big before, but babies are worth it.
Tonight Laun and Porter did a little rip sticking and I love how Carter put a helmet on and chased after them. He was so happy being outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment