Sunday, May 8, 2016

Motherhood

It’s hard for me to describe myself without mentioning that I’m a wife and a mother. It’s who I’ve always planned on being ever since I was a little girl and I’m doing it. I’m might not be as wonderful at it as I’ve imagined…some days worse, other’s better, but it’s who I am. It’s what I’m most proud of and brings me the fullest joy. I am thankful to Laun and our children for letting me be me- wife and mother.

We didn’t get a digital camera until 2007, right before Cooper was born.

Here’s just some pictures of my motherhood journey:

Cooper and I

DSC00242DSC00241

All these pictures were taken in UMC in Tucson, AZ.

We never got to bring Cooper home- He was taken by c-section at 31 weeks and only lived for 2 weeks.

DSC00277

This was when we lived in Whitney, Idaho. It’s what makes me want to buy a home in the country. I was pregnant with Marlee and my boys all looked sharp in their suits (they all wore them for Cooper’s funeral).

IMG_1479

Turley Family Reunion (Marlee was just a little baby still)- Yellowstone & Jackson Hole.

IMG_1476IMG_1477

Back in Tucson again- I still can’t believe how much Clayton has grown since then! He’s way taller than me now!

IMG_1475

A fun spot in Tucson- one of the Saguaro National Parks.

IMG_1483IMG_1482

Carter was born in the same hospital as Cooper, pretty special.

IMG_1469

And today, not only do we have these cute kids, but we have another sister due on July 11th and we are excited. I forgot to get a picture with the kids after church, so car selfie it was, on our way to Aunt Julie’s for dinner.

IMG_1491

 

And how can I have a Mother’s Day without thinking of my own mother, who was such a great example to me of motherhood.

I love this picture of my family growing up. My dad was really 35 years old, not 36, they didn’t realize the candles were wrong until after the picture. I truly love this mom of mine who packed me around in so many body casts. I’ve never felt that I can repay her, but I guess I am in another sort of way as I follow her example and have cared for Carter in his body casts.

IMG_1472

mom & her girls

IMG_1471

I’ve often called my mom angel, because she is.

Some things I’ve really appreciated her for is:

reading to me as a child

teaching me to turn to the scriptures when I was scared

caring for me after all my surgeries

home cooked meals & treats

sewing me so many dresses for school dances

loving me unconditionally

talking with me

being so content and positive

raising me with the gospel and living the gospel

l love you mom!

IMG_1478

 

And I am ever so grateful for my mother in law, Lucy.

I love this picture of her with her Hall children. It wasn’t taken long after Mike passed away and if you look closely you can see a picture of Mike and her young family on the end table.

IMG_1488

Clayton and Lucy- this was taken in 2008, right before we moved to Idaho.

IMG_1481

Lucy with all her children, except for Jonathan-November 2015.

IMG_1474

 

Some of the things I love and appreciate about her:

She gave birth to an amazing human being, my husband and father to my children, Laun.

She persevered so much while being a mother. Her husband died when she had 6 kids ages 7 years old to 7 months young. And she was a single mom for a long time and even finished her degree to care for her family, amazing! Even when she got married later on and had a 7th child and step children, she still worked and helped her family in endless ways.

Lucy was my young women's leader for awhile, she taught me a lot.

She can sew and has done a lot of it in her lifetime.

When we used to live close by, she was my grocery shopping buddy.

She is a wonderful grandma.

She’s thrifty and can cook pretty much anything.

She has amazing faith in God.

I love you Lucy!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That picture of you, Laun & Carter when he was born is one of the most beautiful photos I've ever seen!

And I love the photo of you & mom in her room!