Tuesday, May 17, 2016

no more dessert for me

I had another appointment for my pregnancy this morning. I’m 32 weeks along now, which seems like nothing when I think about a baby being here in 2 months, but seems like a long time to still be pregnant. I barely passed my glucose test. I guess if you get a 140 or higher you have to take the 3 hour fasting test and I got a 139-wowzers! So the doctor told me to stop eating sugar, because he doesn’t want me having a 9 pound baby! That just made the last 2 months of pregnancy seem even longer! I like to bake and eat, but I guess it will be good for me to be forced to drop the sweets and certain carbs for awhile. My iron level is great, so I guess I’ve just been light headed and nauseous because of being pregnant. I only gained 2 pounds over the last month, which doesn’t surprise me since I gained a little more in the beginning of my pregnancy than I normally do. I’ve gained a little over 20 pounds, but maybe with the sugar restriction I will gain less than 30 pounds like I’ve done with my past pregnancies.

No comments: