Friday, May 6, 2016

dad-gardener, barber, fisher, buddy

Laun really is such an amazing dad. He teaches his kids and does so much for them.

He had the kids help him plant a garden.

IMG_1411

Carter “helping” Laun water the garden.

IMG_1412

He also cuts our kids hair (he’s even trimmed my hair and cuts his own hair).

IMG_1417

He takes them fishing. Today Carter and I went with him to Spanish Oaks Reservoir.

IMG_1418IMG_1422IMG_1424

He loves to wear his daddy’s sunglasses and I love how his little nose can barely hold them up.

IMG_1426IMG_1427

He and Laun both caught many fish.

IMG_1428

One fish trying to get away…

IMG_1429

This catch and release thing is the way to go-no work when you get home.

IMG_1431IMG_1434IMG_1433

It rained on us and it came down even harder on our drive home.

IMG_1437

It hailed like crazy. When we got home we checked to see how bad the garden got hit, but it survived.

IMG_1446

When all the kids got home from school, the boys skipped track and soccer and we headed out to fish some more. We had Trent and Lindsie’s family join us for fishing and dinner-so glad they only live 10 minutes away.

IMG_1447IMG_1449

All the kids caught fish. Everyone at the reservoir knew Marlee got a fish as she screamed with excitement.

IMG_1454

Porter caught a bunch and helped his cousins catch some, too. He’s such a sweet boy.

IMG_1451

Clayton was a fish slayer tonight.

IMG_1455

I love how Carter and Wyatt are fishing with Laun.

IMG_1456

beautiful evening- this place is a little magical to me

IMG_1460

Laun is Carter’s best buddy. I found them asleep on the couch tonight. Life is a little exhausting lately and I’m so excited for school to be out and sports to be over. I want to have a relaxed June because the baby comes in July and life will be busy again!

IMG_1466

We can always count on Carter to make a mess-I think it’s time for the card games to be moved out of his reach.

IMG_1467

Laun- you are the best, love you!

No comments: