Thursday, May 7, 2015

so this happened today…

Our baby got his body cast off!

cat phone 547cat phone 551

Sometimes suckers can help, a little.

cat phone 552

Removing a body cast is quite the process:

cat phone 553cat phone 556cat phone 557cat phone 558cat phone 561cat phone 562

He’s free and he’s not sure what to think about being able to touch his leg again.

cat phone 569

He won’t let go of his sucker.

cat phone 572

It’s crazy how much dead skin there is under a cast.

cat phone 577

He got an x-ray, cast free.

cat phone 573

His x-ray looks good, considering all that’s going on. That’s the plate and 4 screws you see.

cat phone 576

He almost always gets a blanket when he visits Shriners, this time it’s robots. He’s all wrapped up and eating lunch in mamma’s arms.

cat phone 578cat phone 583

I think he’s pretty happy to have free legs.

cat phone 588cat phone 593cat phone 595

His scars are bigger than I thought they’d be.

cat phone 600

Most of them are covered by the diaper. I can’t wait to get him home and bathe him and get all that dead skin off.

cat phone 604

He’s pretty happy about his new car, that’s another thing he comes home from Shriner’s with, a wooden car toy.

cat phone 610

So he’s cast free, but he has to wear a brace for 18-20 hours a day, for a couple months. At least he has more wiggle room and can take baths.

cat phone 613cat phone 615

I have to convince the kids to leave Shriners, they love the huge play room.

cat phone 620

On the way home Carter kept trying to rub off the dead skin.

cat phone 622cat phone 637

He was kind of grumpy, I’m sure his muscles were going crazy.

cat phone 627

We stopped by Banbury Cross to get him his favorite, donuts.

cat phone 638cat phone 639

He’s not letting the brace slow him down.

cat phone 641

bath time

cat phone 642

He’s had not one, but two baths today.

cat phone 650cat phone 655cat phone 658

I love that he can wear pants now!

cat phone 661cat phone 664

My clean babies-

Laun phone 826Laun phone 829Laun phone 836

No comments: